C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installation help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Dragonslayer 2
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default installation help.

Good morninig to all. Is there anyone out there who has installed custom screens to the front fender openinigs. I was wondering if there were any step by step direction to take the fender well out, and what mysteries lie underneath. Any help would be appreciated. I put a custom front grill screen on, and would like to compliment it with the side screens. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:38 AM
sscamaro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I got the screen kit also. I made one attempt at doing it. The instructions I had were very poor. Could not get the pressure sensitive tape to stick. I think I will make another attempt at it when it warms up. I didn't take the wheel off, I just turned the wheel. Next time I think I'll take the wheel off. I did see another post where a guy gave instructions and some added hints. Lots of luck.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Dragonslayer 2
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

When I put the front scrren guard on I added some superglue to the tape. It is now very very stuck.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Buster1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ghost1, I put side screens on my car just the other week. I ordered them thru WCC. The directions were poor, but sufficient to do the job. Here's what I did:

Put the car's front tires on a piece of carboard, then turn them left for work on the left side, and right for working on the right side. Open, complete, and seal up one side at a time.

Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the plastic fasteners in the wheel well. They pop out about 1/4 inch, then you have to pull the whole deal out of the wheel well. There are about 6-7 per side.

Remove the 2 10mm bolts and one 7mm bolt on the underside. This will allow you to remove the entire palstic black colored wheel well.

Reaching in to the fender duct area, you will have to remove the black stock screen thing. Leave it attached at the car side and remove the "outboard" side from the inside of the fender. It's just taped in there...tough to pry off, but it will come and restick later.

From there, it's just a matter of placing the new duct screen and aligning it to sit how you want. The WCC ones come with tape and plastic spacers to make it all fit. Once you find the perfect placement, remove the tape and go for it. Then apply the remaining tape to the other areas and you should be done.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 AM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Ghost 1
Good morninig to all. Is there anyone out there who has installed custom screens to the front fender openinigs. I was wondering if there were any step by step direction to take the fender well out, and what mysteries lie underneath. Any help would be appreciated. I put a custom front grill screen on, and would like to compliment it with the side screens. Thanks in advance for any help.

Send me your email and I will send you some better docs....

vetteguy@nc.rr.com
Old 01-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Great help thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boozman
Great help thanks
This forum is great! Cheers to All
Old 01-25-2005, 01:02 PM
c4dhr
Advanced

Default Need help installing the Side Vents?

Hello All:

If you are having problems installing the side vent screens...let me know!

I am here to help you.

We make the C6 Side SS side vent Grilles and do also make a version of the mesh grille as well.

Our install instructions are more detailed than other mess grille producers and will help you install their product as well

Due to forum rules, I can post my website or phone number, unitl I become a supporting vender, which will be soon.

If you need help, please send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will get some info to you.

Cheers

Peter

Get notified of new replies

To installation help.

Quick Reply: installation help.