Sponsored by:

4-Post Lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:18 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbjones
Purchased a Superior Lift (Model SR-7H) Oct 2000. Had to remove the center ceiling garage door opener, have garage rails modified so door would raise as high as possible. Then had a wall mounted commercial opener installed. Been very pleased with the lift. Did have to put a 'radio' sign as a reminder to turn off radio so antenna would go down before pulling in.
http://www.superlifts.com/
How much did you pay for that model?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

more peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 01:02 AM
kbjones
Intermediate

Originally Posted by intel55
How much did you pay for that model?
$3100 for the lift, 5 drip trays, and aluminum ramps. Due to the size of our garage, we went with the 'narrow' width (6 " less than the standard 98.5"). We had someone from the company install the lift, but can't remember what that cost; think between $150-250.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:05 PM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

After researching the different 4-post lifts, I purchased the one from AutoLifters. It has been used almost every day for five years with absolutely no problems. It is a great lift.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

hmm yeah I think I have narrowed it down to Superior and Autolifters. Only buying something made in USA.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM
56chevy
Racer

Default lifts

My suggestion is that you ask Superior where the lift is built???

I believe that you will be UN pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 56chevy

lol I just emailed them that question.

So they are made in China???
Old 01-15-2005, 02:01 AM
kbjones
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 56chevy

I called Superior Lifts today (1-800-218-7036) & spoke w/Scott. He said their SR 7H lifts are made in US & they offer a lifetime guarantee on the structure. He said they offer an Economy Lift (E-lift) which does have some parts made overseas and some in US, but the quality is still good; doesn't carry the lifetime guarantee. Their website shows the E-lift is $1995. Our lift is the SR 7H model & we paid $3100 for it 4 yrs ago. I think it's good that they offer an economy lift for those who don't want to pay more for buying an 'all American' product.

He said they will soon be updating their web site & they just recently became the exclusive lift sponsor w/Barrett-Jackson. If the lift is good enough for me, it should be good enough for Barrett-Jackson.

Last edited by kbjones; 01-15-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:09 AM
ND Dad
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexRoc
How much room is required in your garage? Im looking to park one on top of the other and my garage celing is only 10'.

thanks
I've had a Backyard Buddy for about 6 years. They custom cut the different locking heights on mine so I could fit two cars in my standard height garage (10 feet high, I think). In the summer, I park my 82 Vette on top, and my son parks his 82 Camaro underneath. In the winter, I store the 82 Vette off-site and my son parks the Camaro on top for the winter. I also have an 04 Vette as my daily driver that I park underneath. Because of the limited height, the car on top has to be backed onto the lift because of the garage door. Be sure to measure carefully. I had to have my garage door raised so that it is as close to the ceiling as possible. Otherwise it wouldn't clear the front fenders. My lift has worked out great! Also, the people at Backyard Buddy were very good to work with. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:53 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kbjones
I called Superior Lifts today (1-800-218-7036) & spoke w/Scott. He said their SR 7H lifts are made in US & they offer a lifetime guarantee on the structure. He said they offer an Economy Lift (E-lift) which does have some parts made overseas and some in US, but the quality is still good; doesn't carry the lifetime guarantee. Their website shows the E-lift is $1995. Our lift is the SR 7H model & we paid $3100 for it 4 yrs ago. I think it's good that they offer an economy lift for those who don't want to pay more for buying an 'all American' product.

He said they will soon be updating their web site & they just recently became the exclusive lift sponsor w/Barrett-Jackson. If the lift is good enough for me, it should be good enough for Barrett-Jackson.
Got a return email from Phil Dunn@superlifts and yes, their SR7H lift is 100% USA.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Robbo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Also check the Autolifters site for specials.

I ordered an M6 in July and I think the price was $2295. After getting drip trays, a jacking tray, and shipping it was around $2700. They sent some wrong parts and some of the pieces (lock handle collar) were incorrectly machined (not tapped for the screws), but with a phone call they sent out the correct stuff via quick shipping.

Rob
Old 01-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Cscokd
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbo
Also check the Autolifters site for specials.

I ordered an M6 in July and I think the price was $2295. After getting drip trays, a jacking tray, and shipping it was around $2700. They sent some wrong parts and some of the pieces (lock handle collar) were incorrectly machined (not tapped for the screws), but with a phone call they sent out the correct stuff via quick shipping.

Rob
I just called them for their $2295 deal...they told me they currently have about an 8 week leadtime and the shipping to Cali would cost me an additional $480. So even though I love this lift, I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon.
John
Old 01-19-2005, 02:01 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

hmmmm damn 8 weeks lead time.
I was checking out other threads and saw that spreadsheet (posted here earlier) about Rotary having the only certified 7000# 4 post lift. I do not know how much the Rotary SM7 lift is yet, but like the cert. LOL and I thought I had it narrowed down between Superior and Autolifters. Now it is Superior, Rotary and Eagle (maybe)
Old 01-24-2005, 02:24 AM
tbirdman
Advanced

Originally Posted by intel55
hmmmm damn 8 weeks lead time.
I was checking out other threads and saw that spreadsheet (posted here earlier) about Rotary having the only certified 7000# 4 post lift. I do not know how much the Rotary SM7 lift is yet, but like the cert. LOL and I thought I had it narrowed down between Superior and Autolifters. Now it is Superior, Rotary and Eagle (maybe)
The Rotary lift can be had for the $2500-3000 range. You can call a local Rotary lift distributor. What turned me on to Rotary was a competitor of this Rotary disributor. He could of got me an Eagle Lift or something like that, but he said to call the Rotary distributor as in good conscience he could not sell me his home hobby lift that he carried. Bendpak has some certified lifts but they are the wider ones, not home garage widths. IMHO I think BYB and Rotary are the top two. I would go see the lifts in person as the differences between the lifts become quite apparent. I bought a Rotary, but in every instance when I've seen a another lift, the Rotary still wins hand down. I have not seen a BYB in person yet. The previous post who said all of the lifts were similiar, probably has not seen a Rotary lift. Most lifts that I have seen, I would not feel as safe under it has the Rotary. The $1999 specials are outright scary to be underneath. Personally when shopping for lifts, price should be a secondary concern, with safety and construction first.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:02 AM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

BYB, had mine for over a year and it works great. C5 XTC
Old 01-24-2005, 08:13 AM
USA-VET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C5 XTC
BYB, had mine for over a year and it works great. C5 XTC
Old 01-27-2005, 06:22 PM
94AdmBlue
Intermediate

Thank you all for the great info. Now I really have a headache. I am just starting this process of buying a 4 post lift. Seems there is a lot of BS marketing going on with these distro's. BB and Revolution seem to be the safest. I will post when I make my decision.
ug......
remember.....to......wrap your *** in fiberglass....

Get notified of new replies

To 4-Post Lift

Old 02-03-2005, 09:13 PM
cohocarl
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been looking over every 4 post lift out there, and I just ordered a Bend-Pak HD-9 yesterday. Should be here in around 10 days, $2425 including shipping. ($2739 including 3 metal drip trays and a jack tray)
Will post pics after I have it up.
http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=875
Old 02-07-2005, 04:45 PM
94AdmBlue
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ALLKAR
Here's a Great comparison of several lifts.
http://www.nwtbirds.com/lifts%20compared.htm
I have a BYB and I'm very happy with it!
Hi all. I just got off the phone with Autolifters. There is a chart on this post that says their rating is 6,000lbs. They told me that this is incorrect for the current lift. Their rating is 8,000lbs. This is a big difference. Unless I find out something else, looks like I will go with AL instead of BYB.
thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 05:37 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

who made the lift that collapsed?? I tried the search thing here but it still sucks and they should give up trying to make it work b/c they will ever ever ever ever ever ever get it to work. been like for a long long long long time

Quick Reply: 4-Post Lift