Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Will consider trading my MTI built 427 C5R Z07 vert for any nice stock C5

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 PM
deegs1234
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000 Nassau Blue, both tops, black leather, all options. As you know the stock C5's did not breathe or exhale very well so while on a skydiving vacation in Florida I bought the auto and had the Dealer(Rogers Corvette's) install a vararam and a Corsa exhaust. Recently sold my 2001 ZO6 and will wait till next year for the C6 ZO6, but yours sounds pretty awesome. Let's talk
(417)265-3350 after 6:00pm central or e-mail
Blue Skies,
Tim.
O' 7600K and the car is flawless-no ****! Of all the vette's I have owned there is not an imperfection on this one. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:51 PM
deegs1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by MTI 427 Roadster
Plus cash depending on what your car is, etc. I will consider any color, make or model except yellow coupes (no flames intended), M6 or A4, etc, and the lower the mileage, the cleaner the car, and the most recent models will be given preference. I do not want to trade for another modded car as they are tuffer to sell than stock and will accept basic bolt ons such as exhaust and air intake, wheels, but not much more, etc.

This is a KILLER OPPURTUNITY to put yourself in an AWESOME 10 sec someting realiable MTI built, tuned and installed 427 Z07 which is a COMPLETE GAS TO DRIVE and has brand new rebuilt FLP Level 5 tranny (Chucks latest and greatest tranny, with HARD HITTING 4000 Yank Prothruster converter) which act like a 3000 stall converter b/c of the extra vacum made by the big motor and cam, etc. VERY STREETABLE and has been used by me 99.9 percent as a weekend TOY/PASSION and car show and MAN does it CAUSE a HUGE WOW EFFECT at car shows, especially when i pull up with the qtp elec. exhaust dumps open!!!

HERE IS MORE INFO from my other thread where i am also seeking a cash price for $35 FIRM, which is my preference!!!:
Here are the only posted pics that i have that were taken one month ago!! http://home.comcast.net/~philcyr/427c5/index.html

The ccws on the car have been sold and the car will come with the black z06 size rims powder coated all black shown in my sig. The rear tires are newer nitto 315 drag radials and great condition pilot sports in front. The road race bar that goes into the passenger seat from the main hoop removes with two bolts.

I agree with PACETHIS comment above, that somebody who can do there own work (i can't as i am no mechanic) can sell the motor and tranny and other mods for around 20K and return the car back to stock and sell the car stock for another 20 to $22K and make some money here by parting the car out for the price of $35K that i am willing to sell it for. One can make an easy $5K to $7K in my opinion by parting the car out, returning it back to stock and put a low mile LS1/6 junk yard motor from a wrech in the car and i don't have the time or $ to do this as i can't do any of my own wrenching, etc

The car has been down the 1/4 mile exactly ONE TIME and with me babying it out of the hole and then stabbing it she went 11.03 at 123.5 mph all motor right off the trailor! What kills me is that on that one and only time run at an IHRA track, i forget to open up my exhaust dumps where the car makes an extra 8rwhp and 10tq and most likely would of gotten my a 10.98 time slip but was being rushed when getting ready to stage and that is truly frustrating to me!! On July 31,2004, a vette guys dad owned a local airport and he setup a christmas tree with not time slips and the beast made exactly 4 passes down an airport runway where 1320 feet was marked off. I no doubt was crowned DRAG RACE KING for that day as i destroyed a mid 11 procharged car buy about 20 car lengths and was of course undefeated and then finally matched up with my buddys bad azz tricked out LS1 camaro that runs a best of 11.11 and consistent 11.4s at the track and he was DESTROYING all the vettes he ran up against and was undeafter until the final championship grudge race of the day when he match up with my 427 MTI Z07 Vert.

I walked the beast out of the hole with drag radials and at about the 30 ft marked i stabbed it and beat him by about 8 car lengths. DESTROYED the Tricked out LS1 camaro that was kicking every other VETTES AS S THAT DAY This Car is a solid 10 sec. something N/A street driven Vette and is truly BAD TO THE BONE and has never stranded me on the streets our highway with this MTI built motor built by one of their top engine builders-Lloyd!! This car is MTI true Z07 package and has Z07 badging on the fender like the Z06 badge and blows people minds on the street and at car shows when they hear this monster (especially with the elec. exhaust dumps open) and they ask me WHAT THE HECK IS A Z07!!!!!!!!!! Man, i may talk myself out of selling my BABY if i keep up this long post, etc!!!

The guys at MTI (Wayne, Rick, Lloyd (engine builder) and owner Jayson can tell you all about this beast and verify that is has a brand new $6,400 C5R block and i have never put any spray or other f/i through this motor and it has pretty much been babied and oil changed after every 1500 miles and of course after the first 500 miles on the new engine that was built by MTI at MTI and installed and tuned at MTI in Sept. of 2003.

The FLP LEVEL 5 refreshended tranny with brand new case and heat cryoed output shaft just went in the car this past week and CHUCK JOHNSON and DAN BILLS of FLP also know the car well and can verify the the tranny rebuild that CHUCK just did. For those who don't know Chuck Johnson of FLP has the reputation of building one of the best top notch A4 racing trannys in the business and my tranny has all of his latest and greatest upgrades and his top dog LEVEL 5 tranny. The rear end is a getrag 3.73 built ring and pinion reset up by one of the best in the business/RODNEY aka Crashed 94 on the forum, and he reset the 3.73 gears in a stock 3.15 case that only had 7K pampered miles on it. The rear end DOES NOT have any hardened outptut/input shafts inside and those are stock.

My local Chicago mechanics POWER HOUSE PERFORMANCE in ORLAND PARK, IL, can also tell you how i have meticulously maintained this baby and they just reinstalled the rebuilt level 5 FLP tranny back into the car 2 days ago. The YANK PROTHRUSTER 4000 stall converter hits like a TON OF BRICKS and this car launches like a rocket and will smoke et streets from a standstill on regular roadways for 50 yards . Its like a h/c motor on N20 FULL TIME when you stab this BIATCHH and the low end torque just crusing around town and on the freeways is awsome and this car IS A BLAST TO DRIVE!!!!

Sorry about the long post but you C5 MOTORHEADS out there JUST DON"T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING HERE!!!!!!!!!! Somebody is going to get a KILLER CAR at a KILLER PRICE and this baby is not going to last at this final price of $35K!!!!!
2000 Nassau Blue, both tops, 6-speed, loaded 7600 miles. This car if flawless-have owned 7 over the past 10 years and there is not an imperfection on this one. Just sold my 2001 ZO6 and may wait till the new O6 comes out. Lets talk.
Blue Skies,
Tim.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
JetVette01
Racer

Ive got a 99 FRC M6 Black/Black with the following mods...

Donaldson blackwing
Air bridge
LG longtubes
Borla catback
G5X3 on a 114 lsa
Comp 921s
tit retainers
chromoly pushrods
Built and tuned by LG motorsports
25,xxx miles
Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Darkness
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CubanMissile
Can't believe what's happened to the market for mod'd C5s. Don't give up!
I dont know either cause I've been looking for a blk/blk 6spd coupe with mods and cant find any!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I haven't given up and actually haven't even posted or marketed at all the fact that my BEAST 427 C5R is still for sale in over 1.5 months, and this post was searched out and resurrected from a long time ago by one of the above posters and that's fine!

At this point in time since this old thread has come back to life, my current posture on selling my prized possesion is for cash only and the buy price is $37,500.00 firm, after i did some deep thinking and realized what a supercar this really is, how much of my heart and soul & $ (of course) i have into it, the fact that we are now in the spring market and the fact that my drivetrain to duplicate would be in excess of $25,000.00, my price will remain at $37,500.00 firm (as i don't have to part with the car for any financial reason and i am certainly not giving it away for chump change (which in my opinion is anything under $37,500.00) Anyone interested in a cash deal for the aformentioned price please feel free to call, IM or email me and i can provide a boatload of information, as i am the original creator of this rip snortin 10 sec. something street car C5, that will destroy the new 06 Z06 in a 0 to 150 mph drag race, for half the cost (price tag is expected to be around $75K not to mention another 10 to 15K for dealer mark-up) with my car having 130 more HP and Torque, all while having the top down and getting a sun tan, while your destroying the new Z (yes, in a straigt line performance race AND NOT the twisties, that is what i have my C5 02 Z06 for (as it will be geting blown when the new Z06 comes out at the end of 05)!

I am still very conflicted about selling this car and i have a mint beatiful 600HP 69 Pro Street solid burgandy hardtop, Show and go machine, also for sale, and the first car that sells, is the car i will part with (and i am really not sure what car i would prefer to part with). Meanwhile, i am serioulsy considering putting the 427 C5R vert with a local vette specialty dealer shop in Chicagoland up for consignment, where the car can be properly marketed for once and put on ebay, etc, etc.!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-01-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:06 AM
WGreen
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran

PM sent
Old 02-01-2005, 09:29 PM
HIGH_INTREST
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Good luck with the sale!!

Just a little FYI....keep the car you will kick yourself later for selling such an incredible car.You don't want to become one of those old guys who rant around describing the car they once owned.

Keep it if you can!!

Old 02-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by HIGH_INTREST
Good luck with the sale!!

Just a little FYI....keep the car you will kick yourself later for selling such an incredible car.You don't want to become one of those old guys who rant around describing the car they once owned.

Keep it if you can!!

I HEAR YA BRO, but don't forget i just picked up a mint 02 EB Z06 which i love, which is in the process of getting all the aggressive bolt on including long tube headers and by this time next season, will get the ECS Procharger system making around 600rwhp on the stock motor. SO if the 427 car sells, there is alway another supercar waiting in the wings!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Anyone truly interested here needs to reach out to me asap, as i pretty much have my mind made up, that i am going to be giving m7 427 C5R beast to a local high end sportcars/corvette specialty dealer on consignment, this Saturday, 2-5-05, and once that happens, the price of poker will rise as they need to make their cut and i need to get my fair price, etc. NOW IS THE TIME to get the best deal from me, before the car leaves my possession and gets in the hands of a professional corvette shop, who by the way will be able to provide financing on the car, etc!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

As the old expression says, those who snooze loose!!!!!!!! Also, so there is no confusion, i an no longer interested in any trades and my final firm price now that we are in the spring market is $37,500.00 (take it our leave it) so i can enjoy it for serveral more years to come!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-05-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Will consider trading my MTI built 427 C5R Z07 vert for any nice stock C5

Quick Reply: Will consider trading my MTI built 427 C5R Z07 vert for any nice stock C5