Sponsored by:

Partition

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:23 PM
KillerVette
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Partition

Just got my partition from corvettepartitions.com. I had an Andy's partition before and I was shocked to see how much better this one fit (Not to say Andy's are bad). It fits snug in every corner. You cant see a crack of light from the trunk to the front. The quality of the carpet and vinyl is great too. Installation is very easy since you dont have to drill holes for buttons. This one uses strong velcro straps. It cut down on the road and exhaust noise for me. Having headers and corsa exhaust is very loud in the cabin. I would would highly recommend this for any vette enthusiast looking for a partition!

-Adam
www.corvettepartitions.com
Old 12-03-2004, 06:59 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for your kind words Adam. We strive to produce the highest quality partition available. Our partitions are CAD designed and fully machined, not cut out in a garage and cheaply upholstered. We offer partitions for all C5 Z06/ FRC's as well as convertibles. Our designs are fully tested and perfected before any production is started. Please visit our website for more products you might like. We are running holiday pricing thru December and shipping is free in the continental US. We ship worldwide as well. Look in the near future for a new insulation package for you vette that fits any year, and it's not precut or the roll type insulation, it's completely new and works BETTER than anything you will find out on the market now. We will be the exclusive Corvette dealer for this item, so keep posted to our site for exciting news about this material!!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:50 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

ttt
Old 12-04-2004, 05:30 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by bmathews
Thanks for your kind words Adam. We strive to produce the highest quality partition available. Our partitions are CAD designed and fully machined, not cut out in a garage and cheaply upholstered. We offer partitions for all C5 Z06/ FRC's as well as convertibles. Our designs are fully tested and perfected before any production is started. Please visit our website for more products you might like. We are running holiday pricing thru December and shipping is free in the continental US. We ship worldwide as well. Look in the near future for a new insulation package for you vette that fits any year, and it's not precut or the roll type insulation, it's completely new and works BETTER than anything you will find out on the market now. We will be the exclusive Corvette dealer for this item, so keep posted to our site for exciting news about this material!!
Brian, have you looked into designing a partition for a coupe? I've sorta eyeballed it and it looks to me as if it couldn't be flat as the others are ... might need hinging to clear the speakers and still be able to operate the hatch. Also, it would need a window for rearview mirror visibility. Might even have an issued closing the hatch because of air sealing. First thoughts are that one made of 1-inch polyisocyanurate preformed expandable foam (like insulated sheathing on houses) might do the trick, with reinforced edges, some sort of rubber seal, a plexiglas insert, and carpet adhered to the surface. Might be sorta complex though. I suppose durability would be an issue with foam board, but the insulating qualities should be excellent and it would be lightweight, especially compared to using MDF.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:31 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,303 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Brian, have you looked into designing a partition for a coupe? I've sorta eyeballed it and it looks to me as if it couldn't be flat as the others are ... might need hinging to clear the speakers and still be able to operate the hatch. Also, it would need a window for rearview mirror visibility. Might even have an issued closing the hatch because of air sealing. First thoughts are that one made of 1-inch polyisocyanurate preformed expandable foam (like insulated sheathing on houses) might do the trick, with reinforced edges, some sort of rubber seal, a plexiglas insert, and carpet adhered to the surface. Might be sorta complex though. I suppose durability would be an issue with foam board, but the insulating qualities should be excellent and it would be lightweight, especially compared to using MDF.
I think that making it look right in a coupe would be hard!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:57 PM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

Default Here ya go

ttt
Old 12-04-2004, 09:25 PM
HeyVern
Racer

Location: Grace Valley: A small, peaceful & beautiful valley in the Volunteer State
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any room between the partition and the rear of the seats? I keep a small plastic tray there with a few items, small duster, etc. How about effect on the rear speakers?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:14 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

I have looked into it, and I think that the price on one would be a bit high considering what would be required to make one. I don't know if Andy over at Z06parts has any input on this, but I think for cost effectiveness it would be hard to make one. If you want one made to your specifications, we could try something for you, but I really don't think you would be happy with it.

Brian

Old 12-05-2004, 10:21 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Vern,
A small area is created between the back of the seats and the partition, which allows for items up to the size of a notebook computer to be stowed there. As far as the speakers, partitions are generally located behind the rear speakers. This allows your factory speakers to actually be heard. We placed a 100Db noise generator in the trunk of a test car and the decibel meter between the front seats at ear level, and with our partition installed, the noise was reduced to 63Db. Not bad,huh? Partitions also aid on colling the cabin in summer heat, as you do not cool the trunk area.

If you, or anyone else have questions, please feel free to contact me via IM here, posts or contact form at www.corvettepartitions.com

Brian

PS. Look for our lightweigt ABS partitions soon-- they will be trick!!

Originally Posted by vernrose
Do you have any room between the partition and the rear of the seats? I keep a small plastic tray there with a few items, small duster, etc. How about effect on the rear speakers?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,104 Likes on 2,061 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerVette
Just got my partition from corvettepartitions.com. I had an Andy's partition before and I was shocked to see how much better this one fit (Not to say Andy's are bad). It fits snug in every corner. You cant see a crack of light from the trunk to the front. The quality of the carpet and vinyl is great too. Installation is very easy since you dont have to drill holes for buttons. This one uses strong velcro straps. It cut down on the road and exhaust noise for me. Having headers and corsa exhaust is very loud in the cabin. I would would highly recommend this for any vette enthusiast looking for a partition!

-Adam
www.corvettepartitions.com
Old 12-05-2004, 10:59 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I have looked into it, and I think that the price on one would be a bit high considering what would be required to make one. I don't know if Andy over at Z06parts has any input on this, but I think for cost effectiveness it would be hard to make one. If you want one made to your specifications, we could try something for you, but I really don't think you would be happy with it.

Brian
Yeah, that's sorta what I was thinking too. It would be pretty complex to make and install, and would probably not look good once it was in. And I suspect that the sound reductions and overall benefits would not be as great as with the FRC, especially when traded against cost and appearance.

Just wondering. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:00 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Mike98SilVert-- very nice ride!!!

Brian
Old 12-05-2004, 01:03 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Gary,
If you really are interested in something, I might be able to design something in 3D. All of our products are 3D modeled anyway, and it's not that much effort, just I honestly don't think you would be happy with its' final looks.

Brian

Yeah, that's sorta what I was thinking too. It would be pretty complex to make and install, and would probably not look good once it was in. And I suspect that the sound reductions and overall benefits would not be as great as with the FRC, especially when traded against cost and appearance.

Just wondering. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any special pricing for Vert partition during Xmas?
Old 12-05-2004, 04:47 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Chris,
I sent you a PM.

Brian

Old 12-05-2004, 08:11 PM
abigfoot
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Default Partition

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwAEA...03197495519085

I made this one myself, with the plans fron the FRC website. I get compliments all the time. Most people think its factory. I have since put the corvette logo in the center.

Last edited by abigfoot; 12-05-2004 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:56 AM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

Looks nice Ed-- Glad your happy with it!! I tried one of those before I started making my own. Your not far from me, we should cruise sometime this next season!!

Get notified of new replies

To Partition

Old 12-06-2004, 07:38 PM
bmathews
Burning Brakes

If anyone needs a quality partition, at an affordable price, look us up at www.corvettepartitions.com

Old 12-20-2004, 08:15 PM
3C2
Instructor

What is your holiday pricing? It seems to be the same as regular pricing on your website (it's still great though ). I'm trying to order your ABS version right now and it's charging me shipping too. Is this holiday special still going on?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:40 PM
2BASGO
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys...I cant get the Corvette partitions web site to come up. Is the link (address) correct???

Thanks, Scott

Quick Reply: Partition