C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Royal Purple Syncromax In.. Notchiness Out..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple Syncromax In.. Notchiness Out..

Put the Royal Purple Syncromax in.. Shifts MUCH MUCH better now.. Buttery even.

HIGHLY recommended.

Pick it up from www.rogueengineering.com

You are going to need almost 5 liters.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:33 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I thought it already felt buttery.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by lager99
I thought it already felt buttery.
Your hand is on the wrong "stick"
Old 11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by alevy
Your hand is on the wrong "stick"
I tuck it under the floor mat to keep it from getting in the way.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by lager99
I tuck it under the floor mat to keep it from getting in the way.
BWAHAH Dont step on it
Old 11-29-2004, 05:51 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

You guys are killing me Oh, and thanks for the report on the RP.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:54 PM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

Advantages of Syncromax include:
Formulated with Synerlec® Additive Technology for Reduced Wear
Smoother Shifts
Excellent Rust / Corrosion Protection
Reduces Friction for More Power
Lowers Operating Temperatures

Note that most late model BMWs specify "Lifetime ATF" fluid in manual transmissions. However, if you're like most enthusiasts, the thought of leaving any kind of fluid in a transmission or differential for "life" seems a little much for the asking. Because this product is not approved by BMW as the correct replacement fluid, your transmission warranty may be void. However, if you're like us, you cannot wait until the warranty is over to enjoy smooth shifting and wind up using the fluid anyway.
Any ideas if this would void the GM warranty (as hinted at by the website's own advert?) [Sounds like good stuff, though!]
Old 11-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by docrings1
Any ideas if this would void the GM warranty (as hinted at by the website's own advert?) [Sounds like good stuff, though!]
If via Magnusson they could prove the tranny fluid was the cause.. of course if you had tranny problems it wouldnt be but 10 mins to change the fluid *COUGH*before*COUGH*going*COUGH*to*COUGH *the*COUGH*dealer*
Old 11-29-2004, 11:17 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

The Moss Magnusson act doesnt mean anything until you get to a courtroom. If they (dealership) decide to deny warrranty your out of pocket or parked until you take it to court and get it resolved. Vendors often quote the MM act in their literature and this is often said in such a way that you might think you can just quote the MM act and your dealer is going to go "oh, ok, we'll go ahead and fix it then." Wrong. They need only say the words to deny you warranty coverage. It costs them very little or nothing to do so. They have already run it up the flagpole. It even saves them money because warranty work does not pay as well as non warranty work. They are very well aware of the MM act. Remember its GMs warranty, not the dealerships. I know that DC checks parts such as turbos, trannys, fuel pumps (diesel) and other expensive parts for proper fluids and signs of abuse or mods and will charge the dealership the cost if they decide that warranty coverage should not have been given. I would be very suprised if GM does not do the same thing. So in some cases the dealership may be trying to cover its own *** rather than just being jerks. Not trying to scare anyone here, just trying to make sure you understand just what you can be up against. It can happen. When it does you can spout the MM act out the ying yang and it will get you exactly nothing. It wont mean anything till you reach the end of the process. In my case that was 4 months.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by crabman
The Moss Magnusson act doesnt mean anything until you get to a courtroom. If they (dealership) decide to deny warrranty your out of pocket or parked until you take it to court and get it resolved. Vendors often quote the MM act in their literature and this is often said in such a way that you might think you can just quote the MM act and your dealer is going to go "oh, ok, we'll go ahead and fix it then." Wrong. They need only say the words to deny you warranty coverage. It costs them very little or nothing to do so. They have already run it up the flagpole. It even saves them money because warranty work does not pay as well as non warranty work. They are very well aware of the MM act. Remember its GMs warranty, not the dealerships. I know that DC checks parts such as turbos, trannys, fuel pumps (diesel) and other expensive parts for proper fluids and signs of abuse or mods and will charge the dealership the cost if they decide that warranty coverage should not have been given. I would be very suprised if GM does not do the same thing. So in some cases the dealership may be trying to cover its own *** rather than just being jerks. Not trying to scare anyone here, just trying to make sure you understand just what you can be up against. It can happen. When it does you can spout the MM act out the ying yang and it will get you exactly nothing. It wont mean anything till you reach the end of the process. In my case that was 4 months.
While i agree with you.. most dealers wouldnt go thru the trouble.. just not worth the time of arguing.. infact a ton of dealers recommend Amsoil (including mine) which isnt recommended by GM.. It all comes down to the dealer.. if you have a good repore with your service guy.. shouldnt be an issue. Now the engine, thats another story.. they say stick with M1?.. then M1 goes in the engine.. simple as that.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:39 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 341 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by alevy
While i agree with you.. most dealers wouldnt go thru the trouble.. just not worth the time of arguing.. infact a ton of dealers recommend Amsoil (including mine) which isnt recommended by GM.. It all comes down to the dealer.. if you have a good repore with your service guy.. shouldnt be an issue. Now the engine, thats another story.. they say stick with M1?.. then M1 goes in the engine.. simple as that.
Dealers ONLY recommend Amsoil because it's sold on a pyramid scheme and a lot of middlemen profit.

The kind of oil you run makes no difference anyway, as long as it meets GM specs. Oil related engine failures are non-existant.

Get notified of new replies

To Royal Purple Syncromax In.. Notchiness Out..

Quick Reply: Royal Purple Syncromax In.. Notchiness Out..