C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Done changing Oil Pressure Sensor... now leftoverS?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:02 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Done changing Oil Pressure Sensor... now leftoverS?!

Thanks all for the help up to this point. I got the sensor in and everything put back together. Yippee. BUT I noticed some 'leftover' items (persay) that I didn't notice while taking it apart. Things that don't look like they're normal just hanging there..

2 items. 1 is a blue solenoid looking thing sitting right next to the driver's side of the intake manifold near the back near the second to last injector. It has a vacuum end on one end, and a wire connector plugged into it, and the other end looks like an open vacuum? It's just sitting w/ one end open, just chillin' there. I don't think it's normal.

Ok, and underneath it, a hose running parallel to the above mentioned sensor's hose, is a hose that ends with an open end. Looks like a vacuum hose of some sort, also just chillin' there. Sorry, it got dark outside so I took some bad pics but pics nonetheless. I'll try to get some more in the morning but for now if anyone recognizes this and can help please let me know!

Both of the following are pics of that solenoid thing. Don't have pics of the other vacuum line.

Last edited by vectorz; 11-26-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Ttt
Old 11-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05

The solenoid should be open to atmosphere so that is fine. Look at the sticker on the front of the car that shows vacuum routing and you should be all set.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:14 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Thanks! I also found out that in the manual it is called "EVAP Purge Vacuum Switch"? I'll take some more pics in a few. Just double checking.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:00 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Ok, here's a new pic. I think I've positione the EVAP Purge Vacuum switch incorrectly as it looks awkward there. It looks like it has a mounting plate, but I'm not sure where it should go back to. If someone could post a pic of how theirs is positioned, I'd much appreciate it.

Also, I don't have the vacuum routing sticker anymore, I have aftermarket hood.

Last edited by vectorz; 11-26-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:37 PM
2ndVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would need the pics to be in a tad bit more focus to see what is going on. One thing that will make you scream "Doh" is if you failed to connect a very tiny swizzle stick looking vacuum line to the rear of your intake manifold. If it is not connected your AC will work improperly...
Old 11-26-2004, 05:23 PM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

2ndvette, sorry about that. Here are some better pics.

This first one has that one end that I think you're referring to as "swizzle stick end" hooked up to a vacuum line. Does that look right?:

This next pic shows in general how this HVAC is sitting. I don't think it's right. The red circle points to what looks like a 'mounting plate' for this 'device'. It seems that this plate should mount into something:

TIA for all of your help!

Get notified of new replies

To Done changing Oil Pressure Sensor... now leftoverS?!

Quick Reply: Done changing Oil Pressure Sensor... now leftoverS?!