C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek C6 Update H&C

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Rear tires, how about you?

<---jimman
Some people need to get a life . I hate know it all types . Maybe Cartek should hire this guy as a technical advisor .
Old 01-12-2005, 10:11 AM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
brn-c6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jschindler
I'm done debating the torque managment issue. I have had my say, and others have had theirs.

Dave Busch ran a 13.1 at 109 on a six speed C6 and blamed it on torque management. That's essentially how this whole issue got started. I just ran a 12.5 at 115 on my bone stock C6.
you are unbelievable and so is your car, happy now you aint no record holder Cartek is so lets talk about something more useful, TM does exist whether you believe it or not
Old 01-26-2005, 07:53 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by brn-c6
you are unbelievable and so is your car, happy now you aint no record holder Cartek is so lets talk about something more useful, TM does exist whether you believe it or not
I have no clue what your point is. What is "unbelieveable" about me and my car?

And what record do they hold? Their car is highly modified - mine is bone stock. Does that mean I'm the "world record holder" for stock C6's?

Just curious.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:30 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by brn-c6
Record holder of what, going in a straight line.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:35 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have no clue what your point is. What is "unbelieveable" about me and my car?
I think he was being a bit facetious, YOU were the one who raved on about running a 12.5@115, he was just commenting on/playing off of that, I think.

And what record do they hold?
For C6s, quickest NA bolt on car.
For C5s? Where should we begin?

Originally Posted by jimman
Record holder of what, going in a straight line.
Well, yeah, going in a straight line. In a community of performance cars/performance car enthusiasts is that meaningless or something? Not sure about you but I like fast cars.
Perhaps choosing/mastering just the right tire shine product to use for the car shows is a far bigger accomplishment?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:49 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

David,

How much is theTorque module for my C6 Auto with 3.15?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:03 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I think he was being a bit facetious, YOU were the one who raved on about running a 12.5@115, he was just commenting on/playing off of that, I think.
I've read his post several times. Nothing "facetious" about it. Read it again - it was aimed squarly AT me ("you aint no record holder Cartek is so lets talk about something more useful, TM does exist whether you believe it or not").

He acted like their "record" for a car with several thousand dollars worth of mods should have put me in my place even though my car is bone stock (and look at the times Cartech ran bone stock! - now maybe I am raving!).

Am I a little sensitive about this? Absolutely. I"m tired of hearing all the B.S. about torque management, and now I have the times to back up what I'm saying. That's my point.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 PM
FLC6
Drifting

What about my car that ran a 12.7 at 111 and now will only run a 13 flat at 108?

Same 60 foot times....and better temperatures outside. No Traction control on at all. Same amount of gas in the car. Same PSI in tires. Same everything.

I have an auto so you can't say I am shifting wrong.

Seems to me the torque management is playing a role here. What are you comments?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:08 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FLC6
What about my car that ran a 12.7 at 111 and now will only run a 13 flat at 108?

Same 60 foot times....and better temperatures outside. No Traction control on at all. Same amount of gas in the car. Same PSI in tires. Same everything.

Seems to me the torque management is playing a role here. What are you comments?
My initial comment is - why would torque managment being playing a role now, but not the first time you ran it?

I don't know all the conditions - barometric pressure, humidity etc. Did you do anything to your car? (did you put a different exhaust on it at one point?). Different gas?

I certainly don't claim to know the answer - but as I said above, there is no logic to it being torque management either if the conditions truly were the same.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:42 PM
JHooligans
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Change your spark plugs.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:45 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Do you think that could be it?

Spark?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:01 PM
JHooligans
Racer

Do you think that could be it?

Spark?
Just a thought.

I bought my C5 new, had 500 miles on it, took it to the track and reeled off several 12.8-12.9 passes. Took it to the dyno and saw it put a nice graph down and made 314 HP. A few months go buy and I had a hard time making it to the low 13's, even with improved 60 foot times. Took it to the dyno and the graph was pretty choppy, and up top, above 5000 rpm's it was dropping off 20-30 HP. I took it to the dealer and put it on the diagnostic, and it was showing a misfire every once in a while on cylinder #1, pulled the plug, and replaced it and you could tell an immediate difference in the top of 4th gear on a highway run.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:48 AM
tech-gm
4th Gear

Default Your not even close

As I have been asked over and over not to join in on these pissing contest. I feel I must, first Dave I know that through my GM contacts and my 25 years of SEMA that only one man has it all. Ron Zimmer and maybe that's who you know. If not then in my opinion you are just blowing smoke. The reason you did not tune the car is because you could not. If you are the one Ron is meeting with next week then I apologize. But if you are not meeting with him next week Good Luck on the tune. Just FYI the head and cam PKG will not throw a code. Depends on the cam profile. But we already know this. But just think if the car makes 75 hp without a tune just think what it will make with a tune. Thanks For Your Time
Old 02-03-2005, 02:55 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tech-gm

I don't understand what you are trying to say, but we already tuned our C6 a week ago. Here is a link ---> Link to post
This is with a different cam and heads than talked about on this thread.

Julio
Old 02-03-2005, 03:36 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tech-gm
Old 02-03-2005, 01:09 PM
AutoCutter
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My initial comment is - why would torque managment being playing a role now, but not the first time you ran it?

I don't know all the conditions - barometric pressure, humidity etc. Did you do anything to your car? (did you put a different exhaust on it at one point?). Different gas?

I certainly don't claim to know the answer - but as I said above, there is no logic to it being torque management either if the conditions truly were the same.

If there is TM in the computer, then it is based on a set of pre-defined set values(or range of values) to enable the TM once All the "GO" logic has been satisfied by the input. In the case of the Torque Management Elimination Module, the inputs are modified so the inputs never satisfy the TM's "GO" Logic or an even more simple method would be to just block the TM's "GO" output from ever reaching down stream-al la Gags Eliminator.

Get notified of new replies

To Cartek C6 Update H&C

Quick Reply: Cartek C6 Update H&C