C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Done testing the C-6

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 04:58 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default First Track testing of DRM's C-6

Hello All,
This is Randy from Doug Rippie Motorsports and I have some exicting news about the C-6.

Our first C-6 hit the door about three weeks ago, Doug's first impressions were mixed. The styling and aero package looks different but fuctional, the "extra" gizmos will take some time to get use to. If the Bose stereo system would turn on, the car would be near prefect.

The stock car made 335 horse and 335 tourqe to the wheels, that's with only 100 miles on it. When the odometer read 170 it was time to take things apart. We had a goal to finsh a list of things before it's first track day.

1. Cooling has always been a problem in high perforance use. Brake ducts, Radiator with engine oil cooler, Tranny and Diff.

2. Brakes are needed at the end of the staights all day long. So we made our AP setup work, with 14 inch rotors up front and the stock C-5 brakes in the rear. With our DRM master cylinder for a nice hard pedal that never goes away.

3. Suspenison was pretty much a no brainer. Coilovers are a must for any veichle that needs high speed stability on and off the track. We used our Bilstein shocks, Hyperco springs with all of our great hardware.

4. Tires and Wheels, Thanks to the Jim, Travis and Carol out at Fikse we had wheels in our hands fast. They fit just right with no rubbing and the perfect track widths. The tires where Michelin Pilot Sport cups which are great for track events. (295 front and 315 rear)

5. Chassis stiffener bar for impovred handling and a good place to mount seat belts.

At the track down in Iowa, Mid-America Motorsports Complex, Doug ran a few very hard sessions with the car. The coolers worked great, oil temps never got above 254 degrees, the trans (240) and the diff (260).

The brake ducts experienced no rubbing or any problems at all. At these temps the compontes should last for many events.

The DRM AP brakes have already been proven on the C-5 so basically we needed to make sure that the new ABS system would be ok with the added braking force. It worked out just fine, the car stoped great all day without issues.

The coilovers like all of our suspension products handled great. The wheel and tire package work just fine, good looks with good performance how can you beat that.

Overall we are very happy with the car's performance. Now the biggest problem is to get some horsepower. We have a 427 waiting for installation after we can tune on the car. We will keep you posted!

Thanks
Randy Rippie
763-477-9272
DRM@tcinternet.net

Last edited by Randy@DRM; 11-05-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:43 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Sounds cool!

JB
Old 11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you guys are having alot of fun.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:03 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Randy, sounds great; but if you get tired of that 427 just sitting there............
Old 11-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good Randy. Looks like you guys are on top of things.

I sent you a email the other day, haven't had a response yet.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:25 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeff.
Did you send it to drm@tcinternet.net ????
I download the e-mails about three times a day, and didn't see yours.

Thanks
Randy
Old 11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy, I sent it to your hotmail account. I'll give you a call.

Get notified of new replies

To Done testing the C-6

Quick Reply: Done testing the C-6