C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Z06 makes 606rwhp at TT Performance

Old 10-16-2004, 11:10 PM
ForcedVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Z06 makes 606rwhp at TT Performance

My dream has finally come true. I took the plunge. My bone stock 2002 T/R Z06 with nothing more then a hurst shifter and 17,303 miles on the clock, went to TT Performance for a make over. Mods... P-1sc blower kit, racetronic's pump, 42 # injectors, Kooks 1-7/8 LT, with an off road "X". Everything else is stock. Springs, pushrods, bottom end, TI exhaust, gearing right down to my original F-1's. Right out of the box it made 540rwhp-485rwtq, after 3 more pulls and more fuel we ended up with 606.53rwhp, 513.22rwtq. These are SAE, NOT UNCORRECTED. I don't know how to attach my sheet, but here is the link to www.ttperformance.net/dyno/ttp1.bmp My A/F at the end got lean because at 606rwhp, on a P-1 and only 42#'s of injector, we ran out of injector. If I had 57#, no telling... Timing is modest, never came close to the computer knock sensor. Ran on 93 pump gas.

At this point it started to rain outside, so the test drive was out of the question. I have to wait until Monday. I can wait... I'm dying...

I have to tip my hat and give all my thanks to Matt S, George B, and Nick at TT Performance. They have been a force for "F" bodys for some time, and now have shown there skills and tallents in the Vette arena. I have never seen anyone tune like George and Matt, (the Propritery tune of TTP is what is making the difference.) I also must thank Andy at AandA. The bracket is another key to this success. We made 8 to 9# of boost on every run, NO BELT SLIP, NO DUST, with a 6 rib belt.

I will post more after the test ride

Last edited by ForcedVette; 10-16-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Great JOB!!!!! Here ya go

Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 PM
ForcedVette
Racer

Thanx Bro..
Old 10-16-2004, 11:20 PM
STAGED
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 10-17-2004, 12:35 AM
zelement
Melting Slicks

Great numbers!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:04 PM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad your happy with the setup I told Matt that will rip
Old 10-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Red C5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers. Isn't that a little too lean for a blower car through the entire rpm range?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:29 PM
EFI-1
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow nice numbers. Congrats!
Old 10-17-2004, 01:39 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red C5
Nice numbers. Isn't that a little too lean for a blower car through the entire rpm range?
That concern was brought up by other members in http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=927248.

Mark
Old 10-17-2004, 02:24 PM
IMQUIK
Le Mans Master

Holy SHnIT!
Old 10-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Great work Guys..
Old 10-17-2004, 04:32 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

I am impressed with the power!!

But man thats ALOT of power for stock internals. Maybe a little too much?

I never doubted prochargers couldnt make big power. I just thought on a zo6 550rwhp is about all you want to go because of the stock pistons and rods.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:22 PM
ForcedVette
Racer

If you look at just the A/F numbers and take them out of context, then yes. Too lean. But there is a lot more to the story.

1) What was my manifold temp?
2) What were the atmospheric conditions that day?
3) What was timing set at?
4) What were the timing map perameters/configurations?
5) Octane?
6) Water temp?
7) Style of intercooler?

With these questions answered, then lets look at your original question and see if it has not been answered..
Old 10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
ForcedVette
Racer

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
I am impressed with the power!!

But man thats ALOT of power for stock internals. Maybe a little too much?

I never doubted prochargers couldnt make big power. I just thought on a zo6 550rwhp is about all you want to go because of the stock pistons and rods.
I thought so too. Then I started researching. We could search on this forum and see how many S/C C-5's owners wasted their motors due to crank failure? Rod failure?. You will find overwhelmingly it's pistons. And the #1 culpret is heat/detonation. Digging deeper, you'll find intercooler and tuning are the roots more times then not. It amazes me, people spend 6K to 7K on a kit alone and then run the generic tune that is in the kit. Or have a mail order one done. That concerns me more then my non-forged internals... Andy at AandA makes a wonderful product, but none of his kits come with a tune. The person in CO. must tune differently then the person in NY.

IMHO..I believe you have to be aware of the weather conditions, and have a good tune. (this goes hand and hand) Saturaday night, we ran a strong 606rwhp. We never bounced the knock sensor, there was NO DETONATION...The motor had more, we ran out of injector. Even the Z06 springs pulled flawlessly to 6400 and 9#'s, no float. Don't trade in your springs too fast gang.

My weak link now is not the bottom end, its probally the clutch. Then again I am not putting slicks on the car just yet, so the F-1's are the weak link.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 436 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by mdhmi
That concern was brought up by other members in http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=927248.

Mark
I would agree that it is a little too lean. 12.3 on the dyno jet is going to be about 1 point higher (13) on the street. Better have them fatten it up. You need it about 11.5 no more than 11.9. I would only do that if it were mine.

Just for reference I installed a D1 on a 02 Z06 and it made the same amount of hp with about the same tune (12.7, MMS Tune). I think it blew up. If I remember right Andy was putting a new motor in it..I could be wrong about it blowing up. It did make the same hp though.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:19 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

There are no shortage of stock motors that have been grenaded by running too much timing and too little fuel or just too much power on stock internals. I'm not saying ForcedFed is going to have problems, but sometimes all it takes is a bad tank of fuel.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 10-18-2004, 08:35 AM
IM QUIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't go there. They're kinda touchy on the subject.

The numbers are fantastic when viewed in a vacuum. Come on tho. You listed all the reasons why the HP was so high. I hope the temp outside never goes above your test date scenario. Or that you never get bad gas. on and on. In a perfect world, you've got a monster car. On a bad day you'll have a kit car.

You'd have to assume the tuners are brighter and more inventive than Andy who has developed this kit and IMO perfected it. I assume Andy has trashed a few engines getting to the point he is at with this setup and never grabbed the 600hp level at least for long. In fact I'd like to hear from Andy on this but that would be pitting tuners agianst each other and that won't fly.

Again, time will tell.

Good luck with it.

I always knew this pic would come in handy.

Last edited by drcoffee; 10-18-2004 at 04:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Z06 makes 606rwhp at TT Performance

Old 10-18-2004, 10:33 AM
ForcedVette
Racer

Originally Posted by drcoffee
Don't go there. They're kinda touchy on the subject.

The numbers are fantastic when viewed in a vacuum. Come on tho. You listed all the reasons why the HP was so high. I hope the temp outside never goes above your test date scenario. Or that you never get bad gas. on and on. In a perfect world, you've got a monster car. On a bad day you'll have a kit car.

You'd have to assume the tuners are brighter and more inventive than Andy who has developed this kit and IMO perfected it. I assume Andy has trashed a few engines getting to the point he is at with this setup and never grabbed the 600hp level at least for long. In fact I'd like to hear from Andy on this but that would be pitting tuners agianst each other and that won't fly.

Again, time will tell.

Good luck with it.
You need to put the crack pipe down, now. Your lack of knowledge on this subject is an embarrassment to yourself. Again you don't have all the facts of this tune. You ONLY know where the A/F is, and NOTHING ELSE.

I do not mind constructive criticism and questions, but really... Your comments are argumentative and inflammatory. They serve no purpose. Nothing has been gained or learned from them for the exception of how to start an argument.

All in all, your comments make you sound jealous. Others can achieve what YOU cannot.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:43 AM
pbadad
Melting Slicks

Old 10-18-2004, 10:49 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Great numbers
but good tune/bad tune either way its just a matter of time for your motor to let go with that much power on stock internals.
Jon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Z06 makes 606rwhp at TT Performance