C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Rear Spoiler Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:07 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by rwpatte
Remove the two inner tail lights. (one screw) Use a 10 MM socket to remove the four nuts. Its easy to reach in there. The old unit will then come out. Push out from underneath, the light bulb holder may hang up. You may have to tweak the bulb holder to remove it. Use a 4MM socket to remove the studs to install in the new one. Reverse your procedure. Install the bulb last, its easier. Realley a piece of cake.
Repost of instrustions to install rear spoiler!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:37 AM
BriJac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a "mod" kind of person, but did just finish changing the door handles and adding the license plate frame. IMHO they look great.....should have been factory installed, but I understand the need to use a "standard" for all (I understand, don't agree). I received the 3rd light and started to put it on -- the paint didn't match! I have magred, box and color say cobalt red - definitely a mistake....Will return it on Monday and wait for the right one. Not a big issue, just another week or so....

I really like the visual effect of the three changes on the magred.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 AM
IceDrgon
7th Gear

Default Is there a real spoiler for the C6?

Hey guys,

I recently got my first vette, I'm loving it needless to say . I could write a set of books on everything I think they did perfect or at the very least exceed my expectations on... which isn't something I take lightly since I've looked into Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamborghini as well. I know I'm singing to the choir on this, but the vette is a flat awesome car and hands down one of the best driving experiences I've had.

Now one thing I've been wondering about though is if there's a real spoiler for the car other then that little ridge on the back they're calling a spoiler. I'm not into mods that much outside of pure functional purpose. The only reason I'm asking that is that the aerodynamics on the back form a vacuum just below their small spoiler which sucks all the dirt and dust right into the tail lights, not to mention when you form that kind of vacuum that's not (at least in my opinion) optimal use of your air flow around the car... again that's just my opinion/observation since it's not like I'm out there designing cars or anything.

What I'm looking for is something along the lines of what's on the back of a Diablo Roadster or the NSX -- slim line and made for function and not so much flash. Something that more or less levels the air flow off and brings the aerodynamics back into a wing like flow rather then jutting the air back up at the end of the car. That "should" keep the back cleaner as well as give a very slight boost in gas mileage.

Any of you guys heard of anyone making something along those lines for the C6 series?

Thanks!
Matt

Last edited by IceDrgon; 07-07-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:05 AM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something like this is available at Mid America.

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=7.41.6658

If this can help keep the rear fascia clean, even I'll take one.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:08 AM
IceDrgon
7th Gear

Yeah, exactly like that!

If you see any others I would love to see other designs too. It's going to be a little while before the hobby funds are in hand to buy upgrades.

THANKS!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Rear Spoiler Install

Quick Reply: C6 Rear Spoiler Install