C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP #'s***LG Pro Long Tube Headers for C6 ready,Pre production orders now!***

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 06:13 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default HP #'s***LG Pro Long Tube Headers for C6 ready,Pre production orders now!***

Hi Guys,

We will have our C6 Back from Borla with the new C6 specific version of our LG Pro Long Tube Headers in about 10 days. At that time we will also have the new Borla mufflers. We will have two Borla muffler designs. Neither one will be as loud as the C5 Stinger, but have a deep throaty "Borla" sound.

We will be taking "Pre Production Orders" on these headers. They will have everything in production to be an "Exact Fit" for the C6. Including all the changes that have been made for the 2005 Corvette.

We do not know the pricing for these headers yet but it should be very similar to the LG C5 headers.

We made our C5 headers fit, but we wanted to make sure that all the differences in the C6 were addressed, but they will have the same proven design as our C5 headers. so you know that you will see the best torque and hp numbers available for your C6.

We re-dynoed the C6 with 317 miles on it and a tank of 93 octane gas and the Torque stayed the same at 379rwtq but the hp went up 3 to 375 rwhp. I
We will see more from an LS2 edit tune than anything else.

This test was with NO cats but our full LG pro Long Tube set up with the stock mufflers.

Power before: 343 rwhp 335 rwtq
Power After : 375.3 rwhp 379 rwtq

Gain w LG Pro Long Tube headers 32 rwhp 44 rwtq
No tune, stock intake, stock mufflers

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

This is what you are replacing:

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-19-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:08 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Any dyno info on the Borla cat back systems you will be selling? Is there much power there, or is it for sound mostly?

Todd
Old 10-11-2004, 07:13 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

please post the sound of the Borla alone and with the headers
Old 10-12-2004, 10:34 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
Any dyno info on the Borla cat back systems you will be selling? Is there much power there, or is it for sound mostly?

Todd
Todd,

We will find out in 8 days when we get our C6 back from Borla. It will have their new system installed then with our completed C6 version of our LG Pro Long Tube Headers.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks
Lou G

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 10-12-2004, 07:44 PM
LG Motorsports

PS,

Now, with the C6 specific modifications to our LG Pro Long
Tube headers, these will not only be the most powerful Corvette headers on the planet, but they will be the best fitting headers that are truly made for the C6, rather than trying to chop up your stock headers to install other brands.

"LG Pro Long Tube headers are the Most Powerful Corvette Headers On the Planet", with the most power under the curve.

This was proven on the AFT test Corvette where our headers made 10 more horsepower, but they picked up 23 ft pounds of torque over the other so called best header.

I don't want to start a header war, but I keep reading propaganda that is not backed up except for cold weather 1/4 mile times. they are not relevant.

What I speak of is a back to back dyno test that AFR did with our headers against the other brands, and the LG Pro Long Tube Headers came out on top with more hp, more torque, and better construction quality having the complete system a bolt on system.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
Old 10-19-2004, 03:58 PM
LG Motorsports

Just wanted to let you know that our C6 will be back from Borla this week. Our new C6 specific header system including our full X pipe and rear pipes will be available very soon.

Here is a photo of our C6 with the new Borla design Cat back.

I actually like the compact design and the fact that they used their high flow mufflers, even with the "transverse" layout.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:08 PM
LG Motorsports

the car will be back here in Texas with our C6 specific headers and a new Borla 2 tip cat back muffler.

I will keep you posted when it gets here.

Thanks
Lou G
Old 10-19-2004, 09:57 PM
David Borla

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond

Todd

10hp gain over stock with just the Borla cat-back. Thanks for your interest.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:23 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exciting times...
-=Rick
Old 10-21-2004, 05:52 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by VetteTech81
Exciting times...
-=Rick

I agree!

We will have the car on the dyno tonight.

thanks
Lou G
Old 10-22-2004, 01:14 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Guys,

We will have our C6 Back from Borla with the new C6 specific version of our LG Pro Long Tube Headers in about 10 days. At that time we will also have the new Borla mufflers. We will have two Borla muffler designs. Neither one will be as loud as the C5 Stinger, but have a deep throaty "Borla" sound.

We will be taking "Pre Production Orders" on these headers. They will have everything in production to be an "Exact Fit" for the C6. Including all the changes that have been made for the 2005 Corvette.

We do not know the pricing for these headers yet but it should be very similar to the LG C5 headers.

We made our C5 headers fit, but we wanted to make sure that all the differences in the C6 were addressed, but they will have the same proven design as our C5 headers. so you know that you will see the best torque and hp numbers available for your C6.

We re-dynoed the C6 with 317 miles on it and a tank of 93 octane gas and the Torque stayed the same at 379rwtq but the hp went up 3 to 375 rwhp. I
We will see more from an LS2 edit tune than anything else.

This test was with NO cats but our full LG pro Long Tube set up with the stock mufflers.

Power before: 343 rwhp 335 rwtq
Power After : 375.3 rwhp 379 rwtq

Gain w LG Pro Long Tube headers 32 rwhp 44 rwtq
No tune, stock intake, stock mufflers

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

This is what you are replacing:

Curious on the RPM's recorded, 6700?
Old 10-23-2004, 02:19 AM
phear_this_mind
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David Borla
10hp gain over stock with just the Borla cat-back. Thanks for your interest.
At the fly or at the wheels?

= )
Old 10-26-2004, 12:34 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by jimman
Curious on the RPM's recorded, 6700?

Because when the car is declutched just before the rev limiter the engine will spin up a little. the 4800 pound drums are holding the mechanicals in the engine back, just like traction from the road, and the "spin up" is the same as going over a hill and having the engine rev up when the tires leave the ground.

Thanks
LG
Old 10-26-2004, 12:43 PM
LG Motorsports

The real key to our headers is the power that is seen below 3500rpms. Even though our design has great power at high rpms, it also provides a kick so significant below 3500rpms that the normal driver can enjoy the hp increase without having to beat the car up at high rpms all the time. 350 ft pounds rear wheel torque at 2800rpms!

Our headers have always made more low end torque than the other brands, while at the same time still providing some of the highest peak hp numbers as well.

Thanks
Lou G

Old 10-26-2004, 03:41 PM
David Borla

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by phear_this_mind
At the fly or at the wheels?

= )
Wheels. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:13 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Because when the car is declutched just before the rev limiter the engine will spin up a little. the 4800 pound drums are holding the mechanicals in the engine back, just like traction from the road, and the "spin up" is the same as going over a hill and having the engine rev up when the tires leave the ground.

Thanks
LG
Still a little fuzzy on that, your showing torque numbers with no engine connection when you clutch????
Old 10-27-2004, 08:41 AM
LG Motorsports

Still a little fuzzy on that, your showing torque numbers with no engine connection when you clutch????

Sorry that you are "fuzzy". I don't make the Dynojet, I just use it.

As an engineer, you should be able to understand the momentum of the drum spinning up at those rpms without the acceleration stopping instantly.

We do not like to use the engine as a brake where the drum is pushing the wheels. We prefer to push the clutch in and "disconnect" the wheels from the drum rather than engine brake. When the run is ended this way the dyno sometimes shows higher rpms.

But on a more positive note, how do you like the 2500-3500 torque increase? Our headers make the best low end torque and carry the hp up high due to our design.

Thanks,
LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-27-2004 at 08:45 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To HP #'s***LG Pro Long Tube Headers for C6 ready,Pre production orders now!***

Old 10-27-2004, 09:10 AM
mallett435
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Any numbers with new cat back yet?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:56 AM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Sorry that you are "fuzzy". I don't make the Dynojet, I just use it.

As an engineer, you should be able to understand the momentum of the drum spinning up at those rpms without the acceleration stopping instantly.

We do not like to use the engine as a brake where the drum is pushing the wheels. We prefer to push the clutch in and "disconnect" the wheels from the drum rather than engine brake. When the run is ended this way the dyno sometimes shows higher rpms.

But on a more positive note, how do you like the 2500-3500 torque increase? Our headers make the best low end torque and carry the hp up high due to our design.

Thanks,
LG
That's why I was a little fuzzy because we do it that way to and never see a 4 to 500 rpm increase. Was just concerned when it was caled. Also I'm the one that was a little sceptical on your base numbers being so low do to, what I felt was a premature run. I would have liked to see you doing a repeatability test to make sure of the base line. Your rignt now showing the lowest base line with double the torgue gain over all the rest so far. AA put your headers on after he did a run with another brand and they came out the same. The thread is on this section, just stating what was written earlier. Not trying to be a dick just want the facts.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:11 PM
LG Motorsports

That's why I was a little fuzzy because we do it that way to and never see a 4 to 500 rpm increase. Was just concerned when it was caled. Also I'm the one that was a little sceptical on your base numbers being so low do to, what I felt was a premature run. I would have liked to see you doing a repeatability test to make sure of the base line. Your rignt now showing the lowest base line with double the torgue gain over all the rest so far. AA put your headers on after he did a run with another brand and they came out the same. The thread is on this section, just stating what was written earlier. Not trying to be a dick just want the facts.

Jimman,

I can not seem to satisfy you, so lets just go our separate ways. You said yourself that you won't buy a set of headers because you don't believe the results, so be it.

Our cam and head power with our headers produce the best hp and torque all over the country on a stock cu in engine. Even when we send the parts out to get installed and tuned in other parts of the country.

Just recently one of our packages with a G5X-3 cam, AFR 205 heads, with stock intake manifold and stock ported tb all going through our LG Pro Long Tube headers made 467rwhp 431 rwtq. . And this was on another dyno in another state.

Our hp numbers have been validated in every part of the country. That is why most people do not dispute our numbers. Our headers ALWAYS put out more torque than other headers.

There is, however, always someone who tries to "pick oats out of horse manure".

thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

PS, our stock numbers are exactly in line with other C6. here is a post from a car at LAPD

LAPD BONE STOCK C6 Dyno Numbers and Video HERE!!!
Hey EVERYONE!!

When I posted on Friday with pics of our new C6, I promised some dyno numbers and pics. Today, our C6 had a date with the dyno.

Dyno numbers were 345 rwhp and 345 rwtq. at LAPD.

Our dyno showed 344rwhp 337 rwtq

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 10-27-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Quick Reply: HP #'s***LG Pro Long Tube Headers for C6 ready,Pre production orders now!***