C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Car Cover Recommendation

Old 10-05-2004, 06:34 PM
ny10522
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Car Cover Recommendation

Will be covering my C6 at work in an outdoor parking lot. Need a light, water-resistant cover that I can get get on and off fast. Many people have the Noah but some posts indicate that it will last only three years. Any vendor currently selling the Covercraft/Weathershield cover for the C6 at a decent price? Are there any other good covers I should look into for the C6? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM
REW89
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a Noah for my Vette that is in the garage full time and the cover has been great. It will last a lot more than 3 years as an indoor cover. I have only occassionally used it outdoors but I suspect that outdoor use would reduce its useful life. It "breathes", is a thinner material, and is not "waterproof."

The water proof ones may last longer BUT I read on this forum years ago that the waterproof covers can harm the paint. Because they do not breathe any water and dust/dirt that might get trapped between the finish and cover, will more easily scratch the finish, or sunlight will cause the trapped water to "Prisim" spot the paint. This could be BS but..............

Maybe somebody who has used one outdoors for a long time will respond.

Bob
Old 10-05-2004, 11:18 PM
c606
Instructor

I use Noah with my BMW. My cover lasted 4 years and was used outside ~5 days per week. I highly recommend these covers, they don't scratch the paint and they allow the paint to breath. I cover my car to protect it from the sun. On rainy days, I leave the cover off.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:32 PM
dobbspw
Instructor

My Noah car cover on my C5 scratched the sh** out of the rear quarter panels. There is a seam that irritates the paint when the cover buffets in the wind. I will not buy another Noah car cover, but have yet to find anything better.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:57 PM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I use

http://www.calcarcover.com

At first one thing I didn't like about their cover is that they put thier logo on the front. Turns out to be a nice feature because it makes it easier to find the front of the cover. Many car cover companies have several types of covers to meet different car storage conditions and price ranges. Just because someone isn't happy with their cover doesn't necessarily mean that it is a brand you should avoid. Maybe they don't have the right cover for their application.

Last edited by vetracer; 10-06-2004 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:09 AM
diyguy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

So.... Which one? I need one for the heat of Texas in the summer and protect from hot wet humid day and musty nights?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
csysman
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Please ...Let me Know when you get the answer

Get notified of new replies

To Need Car Cover Recommendation

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Car Cover Recommendation