C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First cruise and first wave

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Wolfbane
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First cruise and first wave

Beautiful day today just beggin for a cruise. So I took my wife shopping and went ~50 miles out of the way to get click off the last 100 breakin miles. Just too Caught up with a gold C4 and got a nice Later passed a red C3 that didn't quite know what he was looking at. A few miles up he relized he was looking at a Corvette and waved with a rather puzzled look. The really cool thing though was on the way back when a group of C5's on the other side of the median all waved at the same time. I know this sounds rather stupid but believe it or not I was looking forward to just this kind of ride. The car just continues to amaze me. The ride is very smooth and the power is incredible.

I have noticed that one of the biggest hazards in driving occurs when other performance oriented drivers realize they are seeing a C6. I have had folks suddenly slam on the brakes and change lanes to get even with me or behind me to check the car out. I have also had folks come running up on me and actually check the car out from all sides. It's cool and always gets a when they are done. Today I even had a guy step in front of me while I was going through a drive through at the local burger joint and stare at the car a while. He had seen the Discovery Channel show the other night and just wanted to get a good look. Nice enough guy and ended with a

I must admit I am enjoying the attentoin she gets...even if it requires a whole new defintion of defensive driving.

Old 10-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Buster1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great story. I'm still waiting for a cruise like that. Though with only 160 miles, I guess it's still early. Folks around here are pretty sheltered and are not sure what they're looking at when I go by...or don't care. Kinda sad.

Still haven't seen another Vette on the road while driving my C6. Then I take the truck to work and see like 14...damn.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:10 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

1500 miles on mine so far...without exception I've gotten (and given) waves and from/to all (mostly C5s and C4s)....nice people, kinda makes me proud and thankful to be a vette owner.....don't see this with many other types of cars
Old 10-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Originally Posted by Wolfbane
I know this sounds rather stupid but believe it or not I was looking forward to just this kind of ride.
Not stupid at all.

Hey, how far is Stevensville from Baltimore?

Last edited by Lazerwolfe; 10-01-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Wolfbane
Racer

Originally Posted by Lazerwolfe
Not stupid at all.

Hey, how far is Stevensville from Baltimore?

Stevensville is on Kent Island. Just over the Bay Bridge. I live on the southern end.

Last edited by Wolfbane; 10-02-2004 at 07:28 AM. Reason: More Info
Old 10-02-2004, 11:24 AM
C64BC
Pro

Originally Posted by Wolfbane
Beautiful day today just beggin for a cruise. So I took my wife shopping and went ~50 miles out of the way to get click off the last 100 breakin miles. Just too Caught up with a gold C4 and got a nice Later passed a red C3 that didn't quite know what he was looking at. A few miles up he relized he was looking at a Corvette and waved with a rather puzzled look. The really cool thing though was on the way back when a group of C5's on the other side of the median all waved at the same time. I know this sounds rather stupid but believe it or not I was looking forward to just this kind of ride. The car just continues to amaze me. The ride is very smooth and the power is incredible.

I have noticed that one of the biggest hazards in driving occurs when other performance oriented drivers realize they are seeing a C6. I have had folks suddenly slam on the brakes and change lanes to get even with me or behind me to check the car out. I have also had folks come running up on me and actually check the car out from all sides. It's cool and always gets a when they are done. Today I even had a guy step in front of me while I was going through a drive through at the local burger joint and stare at the car a while. He had seen the Discovery Channel show the other night and just wanted to get a good look. Nice enough guy and ended with a

I must admit I am enjoying the attentoin she gets...even if it requires a whole new defintion of defensive driving.

Great picture with the TA! The color looks great, especially with the gray interior...hot combo!! congrats!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
CudjoeScott
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

True story.

When I bought my first vette (a white '96), I was driving with my wife through town and this very pretty blonde in another white vette waved at me. Being a friendly kinda guy driving my new vette (but clueless as to "the wave"), I cheerfully waved back. SMACK! Before I could recover, I was given a thorough third degree. Who was that? Why is she waving at you? Is there something I should know? etc., etc.

It wasn't until some days later, as she drove the vette through town and found people waving at her that she (and I) realized what the wave was all about. She still laughs when we get the wave.

Of course for a time there, I almost had to sleep in my vette. Funny now, but man was I in trouble at the time!
Old 11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
1983JZR3W
Melting Slicks

Received 463 Likes on 150 Posts

Here's a wave from Florida!!

Get notified of new replies

To First cruise and first wave

Quick Reply: First cruise and first wave