C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you had this problem yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 01:19 PM
smarcus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have you had this problem yet?

My sound system went dead. Turned the car off and restarted and the sound came back on. I have the Bose 6 CD radio. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:31 PM
John George
Melting Slicks

Location: All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies. --Bokonon
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'07

Originally Posted by smarcus
My sound system went dead. Turned the car off and restarted and the sound came back on. I have the Bose 6 CD radio. Anyone else have this happen?
You might look here as well:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=913864

I haven't heard of this problem.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Rktman6
Intermediate

Have you had any other electrical glitches(like your personlized DIC message changing to the original or your preset radio stations gone and coming back)when you start and then restart it. This and the same thing that happened to you happened to my non-nav 6disc/xfm/onstar system. The radio indicator/power,volume,and stations showed but there was no sound even though the volume indicator would increase. I did find out you can cut off the engine by pushing the accessory button while driving and restart it while the car is rolling when I tried to figure out what was going on. After turning off the car and checking the owners manual ,which only said there was no mute button on the 6disc, Iwent back and started the car and everything worked again.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:29 AM
s420merc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let the Electrical Gremlins begin, thats why i am waitin till 06 to order and only gettin the 1SA pkg less electronics to break down in the long run.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:30 PM
David Lasic
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

You didn't mention how loud it was set at when it quit working. These amps have a thermal protection set up that will turn it off if it is overloaded for a bit of time.

When you restarted the car, this would have reset that.

Just a thought.

Aftermarket amps also have this overheat protection.

I can be from WHERE the amp is mounted. I don't know that yet. If it has inadequate air flow while at the same time it is being extended to pound out some tunes, it can cycle itself off.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:41 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by s420merc
Let the Electrical Gremlins begin, thats why i am waitin till 06 to order and only gettin the 1SA pkg less electronics to break down in the long run.
Better yet get yourself a 68 Corvette there is nothing in there but a bare engine block.

Get notified of new replies

To Have you had this problem yet?

Quick Reply: Have you had this problem yet?