C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

A simple switch fix *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 03:54 PM
yellowlust
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A simple switch fix *pics*

So, I've had some weird behavior with the car. While driving the locks will cycle and the door lights flicker. I remember from this post someone having similar problems.

Well, I finally got around to looking at the door switch (more pressing mechanical issues...) and the fix was so simple.

As you can see the door switch has a plunger switch and built into the plunger is a post which is adjustable. This is what controls the gap tolerance for the door.

All I did was pull out the post (small screwdriver to pry it out) and the closed the door. This readjusted the post and hopefully will take car of any problems. I can see a misadjusted post causing a myriad of problems. I would only occasionally get a door ajar warning. If you were outside of the car you may not see the warning light at all. It would also cause the PKE not to lock the doors.

It may seem really simple but when you look at the switch and if the post is pushed all the way in you can't tell how to adjust it.

Obviously you also need to check the basic functionality of the switch too.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:31 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

You may want to squirt some oil or smear some thin grease on the switch too and push it in a few times to lubricate it some. They easily become stuck over the years.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:33 PM
kwik_ta
Race Director

Location: St. Peters MO Sometimes you have to prove yourself by doing alot of killing or alot of dying...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ooops... I goofed up so now everyone gets to read this dumb reply. Sorry I'm not having a bright moment.

Last edited by kwik_ta; 09-23-2004 at 04:38 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To A simple switch fix *pics*

Quick Reply: A simple switch fix *pics*