C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFter 2 days of driving!! Review.... and pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 04:39 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Ambassador
CI-3-4, 9 & 10 Car Show Winner
CI-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14, '16
St Jude Fedex Bowl Donor '09

Default AFter 2 days of driving!! Review.... and pics

Well... its been hard to stop and sit down at the computer when I know its sitting in the garage ready to go!!! Whew.. who ever these folks are that are saying C5.5, they sure havent been behind the wheel too much in them.... nothing like a C5 in my opinion.... Where to start...
After driving a Z06 for 2 yrs I became accustomed to the handling power, etc.. Now after putting almost 300 miles on the car... I have noticed alot of things...
The car is much more tighter with a very solid feel to it... I love it being 5.1 in shorter.. you can really tell in the handling of it along with the 1 in wider wheelbase.. its just stout!! I feel better than my Z06... there is very miminal body roll in the car at all.... it grips and accelerates very well in turns... (note- I am trying to be good for the breakin period.. have 200 miles to go)
The shifter is awesome.. those of you that like the shorter shifter will love this one.... the gearing is alot smoother flows better.. quicker... the ergo feel of the shifter is great too.... much improvement there..
The feel of the seats are of a thicker higher quality leather to me... the console feels like lamb skin.. very soft.. high grade feel... you can get more in the compartment area... leg room feels the same.... with the coupe I seem to have alot more headroom vs the Z06... I like that...
The feel of the steering wheel is much better to me... and I happen to like the wheels look... and the vision area outside of the hood is much better than the C5...
Its take a bit to get used to the keyless and the fob routine.. but once you get used to it.. its great...yesterday I just didnt know what to do with the keys.. its like the key is useless unless its an emer...
Been playing with all the setting... the car will pretty much tell ya when you doing things wrong.. and the Reverse thing is mindless and is already a habit for me... its no big deal at all... it will let you know when you dont do it.. so dont worry about forgetting.. thats if you have a manual..
I love all the HUD modes...
Track 1
Track 2 and
Street
I am normally in Track 2... I like the set up and you can change the different setting in order for it to read out the things you want... the street mode is cool... I inputed a friends address and took off... the NAV is incorporated in the street mode and tells you the streets and when to turn within the heads up.. unreal!!! also radio stations when you change them... all that is in Street...
The G force meters are in Track 1 and 2... the G force meter will be the death of me... I am so competitive I will be trying to beat my highest at all times.. so far .95g... very cool.... it holds up your settings for 3 sec after the turn...
Acceleration is amazing in the gears.. very very Z06 like... cant tell much difference at all really....
Exhaust.. yes its quieter than the C5.. but actually not that quiet in the M6's.. at higher rpm's you can hear it for sure.. its not my Stingers.. but in a way its a welcomed change... very fast and steathly...others wont know your coming but hear ya going by... I may be leaving the exhaust as is... it has a very nice look to it....
Polished wheels... the jury is still out on them for me... at times they look chrome in the sun... other times they are a little cloudy ..... I guess Im so used to chrome ones... this will take a bit to get used too... the polish ones look really nice with Silver.. they will do me for now... will have to think about chrome ones in the future...I will keep the stock look though... I like the wheel design... if I had the choice again.. I would still get the polished ones over the painted...
Tires are quieter to me than the C5... much improvement in the area... can tell a little difference in handling too.. for the better!! and that they are an inch bigger...
I like all the conveniences of everything in the inside... buttons.. gas tank... latches.. etc.... everything is laid out nicely and easy to use....
NAV is very cool... I have learned a few of the voice commands... you just push the voice command button and wa-lah.. say and command the computer repeats it and changes to FM... or if you say XM.. it changes it to XM... there are 170 commands I believe.... its amazing ... I just love a talking car... this car if very hands free... and keeps your eyes on the road...
I love my lighter color... after having EB... its a nice change to take care of a lighter color again... I have Zaino'ed the bumper and front hood area to help with debugging.... The paint is very nice to me.. I have gone over it fairly well... you can really see the metallic in the sun...
Already had a few other sports cars notice.. one guy swerved towards me like he was going to hit me once.. sorta pizzed me off... a Porsche... I was like... let me turn around... then I said well I better not... had alot of thumbs up'ers.... some people dont even know what it is...
My CD player will play my CD's after I convert them to .WAV files from mp3's... so now I can play my own... no big deal to convert them at all...
I think I have covered everything I wanted to say.. Im sure I have forgotten some stuff.... here is a pic below I thought was cool... I personalized my DIC readings... here is a link to alot of pics from yesterday and today... enjoy... let me know if you have any questions... This car is AWESOME.... its the best vette yet hands down... Im proud to have it and drive it and will cherish every moment in it... I will be so glad when you all get yours!!!!!
HERE ARE SOME PICS
http://www.traceyandernie.com/c6delivery.htm

Last edited by TRAYC7; 09-01-2004 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:47 PM
KHM_70
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Thanks for the report, Tracey.
Lots of good info
Old 09-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Hurricane

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Great review!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:48 PM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

So the manual trans shifts smoothly? There has been some discussion about the manual being hard to shift, especially from 2-3rd gear. (most of the complaints came from those panzies from Top Gear, though)

Are you going to order a skip-shift eliminator?

Is the interior the same color as the bright red pics you took at the NCM a few months ago? It looked darker on the museum delivery camera.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Chris Lemoine
Le Mans Master

Location: You invited Eric? I thought Eric gave you the creeps!

Great review! Glad to see your enjoying it.
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very cool. Congratulations. We have waited a long time to hear an accurate and non biased assessment. Now....anything you are disappointed with or think needs improvement?

Last edited by TRAYC7; 09-01-2004 at 05:05 PM.
John George
Melting Slicks

Location: All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies. --Bokonon
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'07

Thanks for taking the time.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Thanks for the great report and pics, Tracey. I'm surprised you were able to tear yourself away from the car long enough to write the report.

I did have to reset the resolution on my monitor to 1600X1200 to read your report without scrolling back & forth, but I didn't mind.

You picked the right color interior. It really looks good.

Old 09-01-2004, 04:54 PM
68roadster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 104 Posts

I bet that car needs some flames under the hood!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:56 PM
ivan111
Drifting

Congrats just an awesome car!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:57 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by vetracer
So the manual trans shifts smoothly? There has been some discussion about the manual being hard to shift, especially from 2-3rd gear. (most of the complaints came from those panzies from Top Gear, though)

Are you going to order a skip-shift eliminator?

Is the interior the same color as the bright red pics you took at the NCM a few months ago? It looked darker on the museum delivery camera.
I havent had any issues at all with shifting...

Yes I will get a cags elim.. when it comes out... its only got me 2x.. usually at lights when you behind people...

and yes its as bright as the one in BG.. the lighting wasnt very good when I was taking pics.. I will get better ones up after this weekend Im sure...
Old 09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by RedC6Coupe
Thanks for the great report and pics, Tracey. I'm surprised you were able to tear yourself away from the car long enough to write the report.

I did have to reset the resolution on my monitor to 1600X1200 to read your report without scrolling back & forth, but I didn't mind.

You picked the right color interior. It really looks good.

It was hard but I love all you guys and know you would do the same for me... its nice to learn as much as you can... I enjoyed all the info I have gotten as well...
The pic was probably a little big.. I wanted to make sure you saw what was on the DIC
and I do love the RED interior.... makes the car to me...
Old 09-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Congrats, Tracey!

I love the website, great pics!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:06 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by BBQ
very cool. Congratulations. We have waited a long time to hear an accurate and non biased assessment. Now....anything you are disappointed with or think needs improvement?
Im not too crazy about the XM antenna.. but knew it would be like that when I ordered it.. its a necessary evil I suppose for something I enjoy alot... Im sure they will improve that in the future... its growing on me though...

The only thing so far that I miss is the auto recall on the seat memory.. On the AUTO's you have this feature... so if you use the auto exit convenience.. which moves the seat back and allows you to get out easily.... if you use that.. then when you get in the car you have to push the 1 or the 2 settings to move you seat back to your position... no big deal really.... but I guess I was used to it on the Z when I pushed the button it moved it before I got in the car... but all I did was change the settings for it not to move back when I get out... I have plenty of room.... The thing is.. if you keep the fob on passive mode you never push the buttons so that is the dif with the C6 to my Z...
Old 09-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Kaosinla
Pro

Location: Beverly Hills No Job is Too Small, No Fee is Too Big!!!

Congrats!!! Great Pics!!!

Old 09-01-2004, 05:08 PM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope I wasn't misunderstood about the interior, I thought it looked great, too. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:11 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by vetracer
I hope I wasn't misunderstood about the interior, I thought it looked great, too. Thanks for the feedback!
Not at all... I know what ya meant....

Get notified of new replies

To AFter 2 days of driving!! Review.... and pics

Old 09-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Kaosinla
Pro

Location: Beverly Hills No Job is Too Small, No Fee is Too Big!!!

I hope your keeping the C6 in the garage....We don't want any children seeing the car and having unsafe dreams!!!

On a more serious note.....What's your opinion of the sound system?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Very cool Tracey Congrats on the new ride...it looks great!!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:20 PM
jvrZ51
Navigator

Congrats! Awesome write up and great pics. What a great way to take delivery of your new Vette!

Can you tell me if the removable top is a one-person operation?

Quick Reply: AFter 2 days of driving!! Review.... and pics