C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Some advice about DFI Gen VII interface harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 03:13 AM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Some advice about DFI Gen VII interface harness

Well after two and a half years my 408 is finally done, running, and tuned in my 85. Along the way I've learned alot about what I should have done differently and what I did right. One thing I now know is the money I spent on the White Racing interface harness was a complete waste of money..what a piece of junk!! I was fortune enough to get hooked up with a really knowledgeable DFI EMIC in Northern California (Dave Erlich at Autotrend Diagnostics) after I got my car running and after I spent lots of time reading and studying the DFI documentation and software I finally got the car to idle reasonably well after 3 weekends and decided to take it to Dave to tune the car so I could finally drive it. After he looked the car over he told me the wide band O2 module was no good and we sent it back to DFI which verified that in fact it would periodically read 8:1 for a short period every once in awhile..no problem..got the new one back on and verified it's accuracy versus the Horiba Wide Band and it was really close..adjusted the coefficient and we were in business again..sort of..what we found next was the car would drop injector banks alternately at will when the car was warm, and Dave told me he didn't see how the White Harness could use only one injector driver in the DFI computer to run 4 injectors..and after talking to Joe at DFI..answer is..you can't...so now I have to tear my superram plenum back off again (yay!) and rewire my injector harness..so moral to the story is stay away from White Racing interface harnesses cause they do not work!!

Last edited by eguyett1985; 07-31-2004 at 03:13 AM. Reason: misspelling..haha
Old 07-31-2004, 11:55 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Get a Fast Track Performance harness and adapter. Its a lot of money but its probably the best harness you can buy and it works. I have sold 3 in the last couple of weeks and these people are very happy with them.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:35 PM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwong
Get a Fast Track Performance harness and adapter. Its a lot of money but its probably the best harness you can buy and it works. I have sold 3 in the last couple of weeks and these people are very happy with them.
On Tom's recommendation, I got this adapter for my FAST installation on the 89 and it's flawless. I have full guage functionality and MORE did a nice job in hiding everything, so the install looks very stealthy.

Mac (the maker of these harnesses) is a very knowledgeable guy and was very helpful to work with.

This was money well spent.

Ron
Old 08-01-2004, 01:32 AM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

If I had to do it again and was going to use the Gen7 again no doubt that's what I would do. Dave fixed me up with the harness to bypass the white interface and go directly into the DFI ECU so that's what I'll get wired this week.

Get notified of new replies

To Some advice about DFI Gen VII interface harness

Quick Reply: Some advice about DFI Gen VII interface harness