C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No dyno yet, any estimates as to my rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:30 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Default No dyno yet, any estimates as to my rwhp?

All,

Haven't made it to a dyno, or tuning for that matter, yet but I'm curious what others with similar mods have made on the dyno. My MTI Stealth cam is a 220/.581/115. Any input you have regarding your experiences is appreciated.

Secondly, what is the proper method to estimate crank hp from rwhp? Isn't it like add 15% or something?

Old 07-25-2004, 04:04 PM
rollinred
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have the cam that i wanted to try? do you have heads,please keep in touch with me to let me know what you dynoe at? btw how does she idle?
Old 07-25-2004, 04:19 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rollinred
you have the cam that i wanted to try? do you have heads,please keep in touch with me to let me know what you dynoe at? btw how does she idle?

Rollinred,

She idles almost like stock but with a very subtle lope. The lope sounds even sweeter with my new Kooks long tubes. I didn't dyno the car after the cam install but I certainly felt a SOTP performance increase. Of course, with any cam there is an increase in valvetrain chatter that you can hear inside the car.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:29 PM
rollinred
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think i am going to try this cam, right now i am running lpe blower cam it is good but i want something a little more aggressive,please let post your dynoe numbers they should be around 370to390 at the rear wheels if you have heads it should put you at 400.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:29 PM
don527
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you saying that you havent dynoed even with the stealth cam or any of your mods?

if you did, what was your dyno numbers?
is that a stealth I or stealth II cam?

with the mods listed in your sig, i'd guess... 385rwhp? i would say close to 400 with ls6 heads? it's all a guesstimate.

if you haven't gotten a tune even when you got the stealth cam put in, i'd imagine you're in need of a tune now to make the most of the whole setup.

looking forward to hearing your numbers.

btw, formula is rwhp / .85 = crank hp

Originally Posted by PewterC5
All,

Haven't made it to a dyno, or tuning for that matter, yet but I'm curious what others with similar mods have made on the dyno. My MTI Stealth cam is a 220/.581/115. Any input you have regarding your experiences is appreciated.

Secondly, what is the proper method to estimate crank hp from rwhp? Isn't it like add 15% or something?

Old 07-25-2004, 05:55 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by don527
are you saying that you havent dynoed even with the stealth cam or any of your mods?

if you did, what was your dyno numbers?
is that a stealth I or stealth II cam?

with the mods listed in your sig, i'd guess... 385rwhp? i would say close to 400 with ls6 heads? it's all a guesstimate.

if you haven't gotten a tune even when you got the stealth cam put in, i'd imagine you're in need of a tune now to make the most of the whole setup.

looking forward to hearing your numbers.

btw, formula is rwhp / .85 = crank hp
Don,

Correct...I've never dyno'd this thing. It is a Stealth I cam. - thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 01:38 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Just realized that I should have posted this in the Perf Results section. Would anyone else like to provide me with any estimates based on the prior experiences?

TIA

Get notified of new replies

To No dyno yet, any estimates as to my rwhp?

Quick Reply: No dyno yet, any estimates as to my rwhp?