C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 09:04 AM
jjgguitar
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your Opinion

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was hoping someone could give me their opinion on Hooker Headers and Side Exhaust. I bought an 81 this year (love it) and I want to get my horsepower. I've always thought that side exhaust looks cool. Anyone have side exhaust on their 81? I also want to know what you guys think of the Hypertech Street Runner chip. And lastly (sorry for the long post) where can I get a good paint job in MA that will give me a decent amount of time before the damn car gets those stress cracks again. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:24 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Side pipes look cool, but you will burn your legs on them. Maybe only once though They also are not emissions legal after 74, so that may be a problem depending on where you are. Also, if you have much of a gear, they may be too noisy on the interstate with the windows down-I have a friend with a 74 Vert that has them and his wife won't ride with him because the exhaust is right under her ear. They do look neat though.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:36 AM
jjgguitar
Heel & Toe

Thanks. Yeah I don't think my girlfriend will want them in her ear either ha. But they look great and my car is Black so the chrome would really shine. I don't have to pass emissions in my state because it's old enough. So really all I have to do is pass the safety and hopefully I'll just get someone to let me slide. Do you think the Hooker Headers and side exhaust give you a good horsepower boost? Or do you think it's barely noticeable?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:51 AM
jjgguitar
Heel & Toe

Yeah I don't think my girlfriend will enjoy the noise but oh well, sucks for her haha. I think the side pipes will look cool because my car is black and the chrome will really stand out. I don't have to pass emissions in my state (anything before 85). So I'll just have to pass for safety and hope I don't get a jerk who fails me for them. Do you think Hooker Headers and Side Exhaust will give my car a significant horsepower gain?

Get notified of new replies

To Need your Opinion

Quick Reply: Need your Opinion