C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They were thinking ahead….

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default They were thinking ahead….

…..when they designed these cars. Must’ve known we’d still be drivin ‘em around when they were 25 and 35 years old…That’s why the storage compartment can hold so much more than you’d think..

I was getting ready to head on a road cruise this morning to Gillette, WY and was checking mine out..

Jack, spare belts, 2 sizes of wrenches up to ¾�, socket set, crescent wrench, pliers, wiring connectors, fuses, spare wire, little mag light, and a couple more little do-dads..all stuffed into this little spot…

gotta love these old girlies...
Old 07-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Boofers
Drifting

Wow were you a boy scout as a kid?
Old 07-23-2004, 08:51 AM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you're well prepared for just about evertything ... except an engine rebuild on the side of the road!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by Boofers
Wow were you a boy scout as a kid?
nope...but I put quite a few miles every year on the old girl and she has tried to leave me settin once or twice...

Old 07-23-2004, 10:09 AM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Visa, cell phone, AAA card. What else do you need?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

looks good. My jack tray consists of the jack, spare belt, flash light, atf, coolant, window cleaner, and paper towels.
my 'glove' compartment has hand tools in it
Old 07-23-2004, 10:12 AM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a thinkin' man
Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 AM
ElCid79
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

I keep one of those little ****ty mechanics tool boxes in the back of mine... just kinda sits there, takes up allittle space not a bother though... I cant begin to tell you how many times it has come in handy... best $50 investment I have made on the car yet. Now no matter what car I am driving I take it with me. Even if its not for me, comes in handy to help other people too... One good turn always deserves another...

I broke down once in VA Beach, due to a collapsed lifter, and I had 2 vettes stop to make sure I was okay, one of which waited with me for well over an hour until a tow truck came...
He owned a hot little C4 with carbon fiber interior. and the other one was a new C5. I thought that that was particularly cool... don't see too many ricers pulled over to help each other out do ya... I know that if I ever see a vette looking sickly on the side of the road, I will stop, and if nothing else, just keep the driver company.... oh and that C5 passed me, drove down the road turned around, came back like 2 - 3 miles and turned around again to come and meet me. it looked like a little corvette convention on 64 hah... <i think its 64, dont remember though..>

Last edited by ElCid79; 07-23-2004 at 10:33 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To They were thinking ahead….

Quick Reply: They were thinking ahead….