Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

A suggestion for "Big Ticket Item" transactions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:23 PM
tobijohn
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Default A suggestion for "Big Ticket Item" transactions

We've all read the threads - one member paid another member a goodly sum for something and then communication breaks down. Usually the matter gets resolved but a lot of times not before a bunch of insinuations and accusations. Here's another option - use an escrow service. This way everyone's protected. Check out the link below and consider something like this the next time you're buying or selling something big from or to someone you don't have history with. While I've never used this company before, I have used others and found it a great way to take the anxiety out of these kinds of transactions. Just a suggestion, that's all:

https://www.escrow.com

Last edited by tobijohn; 07-23-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Definitely a good idea. There are a lot of people on this forum and there's no way we can know them all.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:53 PM
h rocks
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tobijohn
We've all read the threads - one member paid another member a goodly sum for something and then communication breaks down. Usually the matter gets resolved but a lot of times not before a bunch of insinuations and accusations. Here's another option - use an escrow service. This way everyone's protected. Check out the link below and consider something like this the next time you're buying or selling something big from someone you don't have history with. While I've never used this company before, I have used others and found it a great way to take the anxiety out of these kinds of transactions. Just a suggestion, that's all:

https://www.escrow.com
Excellent suggestion. In fact the FIRST transaction I ever did was the largest one. (well over $1,000) It was a very well done documentation process by that company. All the parameters of acceptance of the parts and release of payment are agreed to by both parties UP FRONT. No he said-she said. It worked very well. As a side note, like an insurance policy that you may pay for and never use, turns out that I really didn't need the service with the CF member I did the deal with. I have never been stung by any CF member.

Get notified of new replies

To A suggestion for "Big Ticket Item" transactions

Quick Reply: A suggestion for "Big Ticket Item" transactions