C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Paint Sux! Anyone know why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 02:48 AM
ACRucrazy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default My Paint Sux! Anyone know why?

Ok, I finally pulled my vette out of the garage for the first time in the last 2.5 years. I bought this 75 Corvette back in 99 when I was in High School.
The paint has many spots where it just "bubbles" up.
The body is kinda custom, has different hood, bumpers and I think front clip. Anyone have any thoughts?
I have pics located here in the top folder.
Click here

Also, Im looking at selling the car, and would like to put some "BASIC" Steelies or cheap wheels on it. Any suggestions. Is there a common vehicle I can get some off of? Or Ideas on where to go to get some from?
Thanks alot.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:42 AM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

it looks like someone added fiberglass front/rear bumpers and tried to blend them into the car for a seamless look.. they obviously didnt prep it well enough since the paint/primer isnt sticking
Old 07-22-2004, 04:08 AM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry bro..it's all in the prep work..and that car will need to be stripped down and reshot! BTW, nice look to the car, what rims/tire combo you got on there. Looks like it has been heavily modified..bumpers/inteior gauges/ hood/ rims and tires..so just have fun with it! It is yours...and take your time and enjoy it..you got a long road ahead of you! Good luck with whatever you decide to undertake with your vette! Joe!

Last edited by 81' Corvette Guy; 07-22-2004 at 04:09 AM. Reason: update
Old 07-22-2004, 01:10 PM
ACRucrazy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ya, thats what I figured, somthing was on the body when it was painted.
The Wheels are KMC Venoms with Pilot Sports.
The motor is a 396, with 454 heads, I was told it has a turbo 400 trans when I bought the car, cammed, intake, carb, headers, true duals...
I added the Be cool radiator, elec pusher fans, re-did some of the interior, and added the elec gauges as the stock tach and few of the others didnt work. It was cheaper to go that route.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:39 PM
vincevette78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 81' Corvette Guy
Sorry bro..it's all in the prep work..and that car will need to be stripped down and reshot! BTW, nice look to the car, what rims/tire combo you got on there. Looks like it has been heavily modified..bumpers/inteior gauges/ hood/ rims and tires..so just have fun with it! It is yours...and take your time and enjoy it..you got a long road ahead of you! Good luck with whatever you decide to undertake with your vette! Joe!
Anybody can spray paint nowdays and make it look good, but the prep is were you spend countless hours filling sanding and blocking everything down. And when you think your done 1 more coat of primer and block it down. The vette looks real nice and i'll bet it runs good. Good luck Vince
Old 07-22-2004, 08:00 PM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vincevette78
Anybody can spray paint nowdays and make it look good, but the prep is were you spend countless hours filling sanding and blocking everything down. And when you think your done 1 more coat of primer and block it down. The vette looks real nice and i'll bet it runs good. Good luck Vince

Get notified of new replies

To My Paint Sux! Anyone know why?

Quick Reply: My Paint Sux! Anyone know why?