C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Electrical] No power windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Darkgh0st
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default [Electrical] No power windows

Hey guys

Heres the problem-

We replaced the headlights on my Dad's '77 with Halogens, ever since we did that the power windows are dead. According to the wiring diagram for the power windows, there is a constant 12V and an accessory 12V that go to the Power Window Relay. We've verified the fuses on both of those but cannot find the location of the relay.

Any Ideas??

******Problem fixed********
Turned out to be unrelated to the headlight install. 12V ACC Wire that runs to the Power Window Relay fell out of the fuse panel. Not sure how the wire got disconnected.

Thanks for the help guys

Last edited by Darkgh0st; 07-21-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Boofers
Drifting

I know this is not the best source for electrical schematics but I am looking in the Haynes manual right now. The schematic says +12volts from 'hot at all times' through a 35amp circuit breaker to each window up/down switch to the window motors. It doesn't list a relay but as I said the schematics from these manuals are not very good. All I can suggest is to look for this 35amp breaker and see if it is tripped. I assume you headlights are working but if not then maybe the headlights and windows share this same 35 amp breaker? Good luck.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

PW relay is probably under the console trim plate. Check your assembly instruction manual for exact location.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Darkgh0st
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Boofers
I know this is not the best source for electrical schematics but I am looking in the Haynes manual right now. The schematic says +12volts from 'hot at all times' through a 35amp circuit breaker to each window up/down switch to the window motors. It doesn't list a relay but as I said the schematics from these manuals are not very good. All I can suggest is to look for this 35amp breaker and see if it is tripped. I assume you headlights are working but if not then maybe the headlights and windows share this same 35 amp breaker? Good luck.
The headlights work, along with everything else like the guages. According to the circuit list the Lowbeam headlight is the same circuit as the power windows, so at least it makes sense why it would affect the windows. We did a continuity test on the breaker and it seemed to be good but we are going to replace it anyways and see if that's it.

Thanks for the help so far guys

Get notified of new replies

To [Electrical] No power windows

Quick Reply: [Electrical] No power windows