C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Light Problem

Old 07-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Scudd
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Light Problem

I have no brake lights. I changed the switch, still no effect.The car still has driving lights and both turn signals. I checked for power running to the brake light switch, no juice. All fuses look good. Where else should I look or what should I do? It's problems like this that always make me want to sell the damn thing! So's life with an old Vette.

Last edited by Scudd; 07-20-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:55 PM
62fuelie
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have a C3 wiring daigram, but here's some facts that may help. The circuits for the turn signals and the brake lights are the same wires and bulb filaments. Therefore, if the turn signals work and the brake lights don't, the problem has to be at the dash end. If you have no power at the brake light switch, follow the wire back to the source. In earlier models, this is the fuse panel. and I suspect it is for the C3 as well. Power should feed from the brake light switch to the turn signal switch and from there to the rear wiring harness.

It is sometimes hard to tell a fuse is blown by looking at it in the installed position. Use a test light to check power on both sides to rule out a bad fuse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Light Problem