C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half shaft safety hoops rubbing...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 PM
73jst4fun
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Half shaft safety hoops rubbing...

I recently installed the Dragvettes safety half shaft safety hoops and they installed easy, I noticed that the hoops rubbed the edge of the battery storage compartment and the edge on the passenger side as well because of the "taper" of the compartment. Even when I adjusted the upper mount of the hoops as far back (torward the rear) as possible the hoops still rubs. Anyone else have this happen? The products are great from Dragvettes, also installed the u joint billet caps... :flag
Old 07-20-2004, 02:28 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 73jst4fun
I recently installed the Dragvettes safety half shaft safety hoops and they installed easy, I noticed that the hoops rubbed the edge of the battery storage compartment and the edge on the passenger side as well because of the "taper" of the compartment. Even when I adjusted the upper mount of the hoops as far back (torward the rear) as possible the hoops still rubs. Anyone else have this happen? The products are great from Dragvettes, also installed the u joint billet caps... :flag
You might want to contact whats his name at DRAGVETTES.
When I get mine, I'll post the results, they should go in perfect,
I never heard anything negative of DRAGVETTES.
good luck, hope its something simple
Old 07-20-2004, 09:49 PM
73jst4fun
Drifting

I contacted Steve at Dragvettes, he's sending me new mounting plates for the upper mount that are 3/8" shorter one one side, this lets me move the upper mount back, that will give me the clearance I need, besides taking a dremel to the edge of the battery compartment....
Old 07-21-2004, 02:21 AM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Dremel....Battery Compartment= only dremel work and a piece of the corvette should be the console for a DIN cd player! Carefull wit dat thing..u could put a eye out!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Half shaft safety hoops rubbing...

Quick Reply: Half shaft safety hoops rubbing...