C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 body mount install, Any info??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 08:36 PM
hdhamou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C3 body mount install, Any info??

I am having the fiberglass done on my vette now and thought I should probably change the body mounts before I get the car painted incase any more cracks begin to form. The mounts are cracked and look far gone in the back. Is it just as simple as unbolting the bolts and jacking up the body a hair to remove the old mount and install the new? Do I need to remove the body completely? Any info at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 09:03 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

I wrote some instruction on this for the FAQ:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...=210&TopicID=3

After the forum moved to the new SW the formatting got messed up but I guess it's still readable.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:46 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

That depends on if the bolts come out easy or not. I started to replace mine and ended up pulling the body off to replace the rocker channels that were rusted out. If everything is in good shape then changing the mounts like Markus said can be done in a weekend. If not, then check out my web site.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:43 PM
hdhamou
Advanced

Default reply

Beautiful C3's guys. I have always been in love with the early C3 rear. I wish mine had that rear, but I could never sacrifice my car for another vette because of sentimental value. I looked at the pics of the rusted out rocker, and I am scared as hell to check mine after seeing the hole in your pics. Im gonna look into it this weekend when I have some time. Are the bolts used attached to free nuts that are not welded to frame? How were the bolts coming off, any strip or break in half? I am going to spray the threads down and let them sit overnight. Thanks for all the help guys!!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:50 PM
cryzko
Racer

Default mine too

i need to replace the mounts that are in the rear wheel wells. can i jjust shim up the rear some and slide the old ones out..... i really don't want to pull the whole rear end off

cryzko
Old 07-20-2004, 12:04 AM
jn76vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

same problem
Old 07-20-2004, 08:42 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by cryzko
i need to replace the mounts that are in the rear wheel wells. can i jjust shim up the rear some and slide the old ones out..... i really don't want to pull the whole rear end off

cryzko
Yes. If you're only doing the rearmost mounts you can just lift it half inch or so and slide 'em out.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 body mount install, Any info??

Quick Reply: C3 body mount install, Any info??