C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling to the right when braking.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:08 PM
MitchMZ
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling to the right when braking.

We put new brakes and suspension on our 80' L82 but I think a few of the calipers on the right side have been rebuilt and not replaced totally. Maybe this would have something to do with it? Well, when we are driving at decent speeds and hit the brakes hard the car pulls to the right bad. We even took it to chevy and they couldnt figure it out. They said it may have something to do with the frame...I hope not. Brakes have been bled and there is plenty of pedal. So, any insights would be much appreciated.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:32 PM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Rebuilt shouldn't make a difference if they are rebuilt correctly. This could be due to a multitude of things, possibly suspension or brakes. Did you do the brakes yourself? Did you you change the flexible lines? Did you bleed the brakes completely? Did you have the car aligned after the suspension work?
Good rule of thumb though - Chevy dealers know little about C-3 brakes or C-3's in general. If you are going to take it to someone, take it to a Vette shop.

Give us some more information about the work you did or had done.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:03 PM
MitchMZ
3rd Gear

The only thing that it could be that I know of are the rebuilt brakes, they probably werent done right. Everything else has been done/replaced.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:17 PM
gerry72
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

If it wasn't pulling before the brake job, then it's something you did. Probably some contamination on the brake pads or a pinched hose. I suppose you did put the same pads on the axle sets, right?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:22 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R. Bruno
Good rule of thumb though - Chevy dealers know little about C-3 brakes or C-3's in general. If you are going to take it to someone, take it to a Vette shop.
This is so TRUE .
I took mine in to get a 4 wheel alignment,
and they set it up to C-4 spec's
WTF??? you could even see it was wrong
on one side in the rear.

Get notified of new replies

To Pulling to the right when braking.

Quick Reply: Pulling to the right when braking.