C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about brake/fuel lines...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Chumpzilla
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about brake/fuel lines...

Alright... can nearly see the light at the end of the tunnel on getting the body put back on my frame, and now have a question.

Before I put the body back on, I should reinstall the brake and fuel lines running along the frame rails in order to make life MUCH easier down the road. So my question is... what brake and fuel lines need to be installed prior to my putting the body back on the frame?

If I'm seeing things correctly... I need to install the front-to-rear brake line, the rear crossover brake line, the RH tank-to-pump fuel 'supply' line, and the fuel return line. The rest can be done later. Am I correct?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 11:48 AM
70BBvert
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chumpzilla
Before I put the body back on, I should reinstall the brake and fuel lines running along the frame rails in order to make life MUCH easier down the road. So my question is... what brake and fuel lines need to be installed prior to my putting the body back on the frame?

If I'm seeing things correctly... I need to install the front-to-rear brake line, the rear crossover brake line, the RH tank-to-pump fuel 'supply' line, and the fuel return line. The rest can be done later. Am I correct?

Thanks
That's correct, although it is easier to put them all on while the body is off. Much more room to work.

Jim
Old 07-19-2004, 02:25 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Alright... can nearly see the light at the end of the tunnel on getting the body put back on my frame, and now have a question.

Thanks
Do yourself a big favor and do all the lines with the body off the car. However, the long lines are the ones that are a real PITA. MUCH nicer to work on that sort of stuff with the body off the car.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Chumpzilla
Pro

Thanks for the input.

Probably have to postpone the short lines for budgetary reasons and deal with the headaches of that installation with the body on. But it looks to me like the installation of the 4 lines I listed above is nearly impossible with the body on, so I have to do that now. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any lines now that are virtually impossible to do later with the body on.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:15 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mapman
Do yourself a big favor and do all the lines with the body off the car. However, the long lines are the ones that are a real PITA. MUCH nicer to work on that sort of stuff with the body off the car.
Much cheaper to buy a kit with all of them than 1 at a time.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:25 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

By the kit now or it will cost you alot more later.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Chumpzilla
Pro

Everyone has brake line kits, but I haven't had much luck finding fuel line kits.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:28 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Everyone has brake line kits, but I haven't had much luck finding fuel line kits.
Try Ecklers, they are a Corvette Forum sponsor.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?d...3TJGED4HSC5MNE

Get notified of new replies

To Question about brake/fuel lines...

Quick Reply: Question about brake/fuel lines...