C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stingray badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Dave3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stingray badge

what should i expect to pay for a stingray badge? what is a good deal? bc i will undoubtedly look on ebay.

are they easy to put on? how do they go on? are they sticky-back kinda things??

i really dont know!! help!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:43 AM
brystheguy
Racer

Dave,

These can be found at any Corvette supplier or used. Look around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

They usually have little studs on the back that go through holes in your fender and are held in place with an adhesive. Does your car have the holes? If not, the Assembly Instruction Manual has the exact measurements to drill them or you could cut the studs off and just hold it in place with adhesive, I guess. You should really pick this up too as it will answer a lot of your where-does-this-go questions.

Bryan
Old 07-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Let me tell you about those emblems. If you have a bumper shark, the emblems were held on by speed nuts on the inside of the fender and there were four legs on the back. The new GM reproduction one have three short legs and sticky back. The legs are close to the same position as the stock ones but not quite. I had to adjust one of the legs with a file to make it fit correctly. I was not a happy camper but, after putting in a new interior, this was nothing.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

They can be had for about $35 new GM. Try at www.gmotors.com part number is 3956216 (69-76 Stingray)

Last edited by markdtn; 07-19-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Dave3
Advanced

Originally Posted by brystheguy
Dave,

These can be found at any Corvette supplier or used. Look around.

They usually have little studs on the back that go through holes in your fender and are held in place with an adhesive. Does your car have the holes? If not, the Assembly Instruction Manual has the exact measurements to drill them or you could cut the studs off and just hold it in place with adhesive, I guess. You should really pick this up too as it will answer a lot of your where-does-this-go questions.

Bryan

Bryan, thanks for the links. No i dont think mine has the holes for the badges. prior to my ownership, someone did some body mods, flared the fenders. i think when they did that, they look off the badges and sealed up the holes. as for drilling holes in the car, whoa i dont know if i'm up for that! seems dangerous....what if i dont do it perfect? wouldnt it just crack and crack and crack?!

as for that manual, that much for a reprint book? hmmm, i think its something i'll look into, but seems steep for something not original.... not that being a reprint bothers me at all, just seems high.

thanks so much for your help tho!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:34 PM
brystheguy
Racer

Originally Posted by Dave3
as for that manual, that much for a reprint book? hmmm, i think its something i'll look into, but seems steep for something not original.... not that being a reprint bothers me at all, just seems high.

thanks so much for your help tho!
They're all reprints no matter where you get them. They are well worth the money but I guess it's up to you. It can save a lot of downtime having the book instead of having to ask the forum for every question and waiting for an answer.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Dave3
Advanced

huh?! i didnt know that! i guess i'll have to bite the bullet and get me one of those. any other members swear by the book? better than a Chilton's corvette book?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:15 PM
70_Shark
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The assembly manual is a "must have" if you plan on doing anything to your car. Ive seen a reference to a "chassis manual". Is this like a Chiltons repair manual?
-Dan
Old 07-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The chassis manual doesn't cover just corvettes. You get a little of everything, camaro, chevelle, trucks etc....

The Assembly Instruction Manual is year specific and covers your year vette. It shows you how the car was assembled. It has the blueprint drawings of everything.

Last edited by Eddie 70; 07-19-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:50 PM
70_Shark
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car! Glad to hear it's running good. I'm personally into function big time. You have nothing to worry about when they open youf hood. Mine makes them faint.

[IMG]www.dostaldomain.com/vetteforum/picture003.jpg[/IMG]

-Dan

Get notified of new replies

To stingray badge

Quick Reply: stingray badge