C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paragon Reproductions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:17 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Paragon Reproductions?

Hey Fellow vetter's has anyone used this company and if so what do you think of them and there products?

I am going to need to order Alt & Power steering brackets for a Big Block and related pulleys if needed.

Again thanks in advance for any info you can give.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:18 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Very good company with very good products, but can be a bit pricey on some items.

tom...
Old 07-19-2004, 01:26 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Okay would you know of a better place to purchase those items by chance Tom?
Old 07-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

They are good, nothing wrong there. Just check their prices against that of other vendors. A lot of the time they will have things that the others do not.

tom...
Old 07-19-2004, 01:39 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Tom thank you . The reason I looked at Paragon was they have all the brackets in a kit form. I think the other site's like ZIP has the brackets as each piece. So what other venders should I take a look at by chance?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:50 AM
The Dude
Race Director

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
Tom thank you . The reason I looked at Paragon was they have all the brackets in a kit form. I think the other site's like ZIP has the brackets as each piece. So what other venders should I take a look at by chance?
Depends. I've never done business with Paragon, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe Paragon is geared toward mostly the NCRS numbers-**** crowd where not only does the bracket have to fit, but it must be made of the correct material with the correct finish with the correct overspray and the correct smell and the correct blah, blah, blah, blah. I mean, they even have specialty, reproduction bolts with "correct" symbols and letters stamped on the heads. As a result, Paragon's stuff tends to be a little spendy based on the catalogs I've seen.

I'd steer you toward Dr. Rebuild or Rik's, myself. I mean, why is the kit idea attractive? So you only have to memorize one part number for the phone call?
Old 07-19-2004, 05:16 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Dude Thank you for the reply. No I did not know what other company to look at so I looked at CC and by looking up the parts seperately it was more than the actual kit by Paragon. I will take a look at Dr. Rebuild and Rik's if I can find Rik's addy.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73
Very good company with very good products, but can be a bit pricey on some items.

tom...
AND....they ship lightning fast!!!
Eddie
Old 07-19-2004, 09:59 AM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

I've used Paragon on many occasions. It helps when I live 30 minutes from them. A drive up there is cheaper than shipping from most places.

Paragon is good when it comes to supplying used original parts, or good reproductions.

Keep in mind though, that most of the parts places wholesale parts to each other. Those brackets you buy at Ecklers might have been manufactured by Zip or Paragon or someone else. if you want the RIGHT parts and you want to be sure they're the right parts, I'd try Paragon or Doc Rebuild. But naturally, you should check with our supporting vendor's first
Old 07-19-2004, 10:01 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73

tom...
I have bought a few things from them and been very pleased. I bought convertible door wedges that nobody else has. They fit and look great.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

My L-88 aircleaner was from Paragon and I was very impressed with the quality. Absolutely top-notch. As usual, I will recommend Gary Gruhala... He can get you paragon stuff for less than if you buy it direct. Google for "gruhala enterprises".
Old 07-19-2004, 10:41 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I used them for the first time a few weeks ago and the service was great, friendly and I had the product in 2 days.
I will deal with them again. They also have a nice catalogue too.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:46 AM
brystheguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their website is pretty slick too. They show schematic diagrams and you just click on the part that you need and it will then display that part. It is handy if you don't know the exact name of a part but you know where it is.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:38 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

My recommendation is to find good correct used through this forum. I have not purchased any reproduction parts from any company that matched the originals with the exception of a few mechanical parts which at least fit even if the differences between the original and repro parts are obvious.

I know there are guys that are not in to the NCRS thing, but original parts are always best when you can get them at a reasonable cost.

That is my two cents.

Good Luck!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:16 PM
BBShark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

I have bought a lot of parts from Paragon and everytime it has been an excellent experience AND they know their stuff too! If you have a question about fitment they are great and very thorough. Example: Last week I ordered a bunch of stuff for my 68. In this order were battery cables for a 72 (I am converting to the 0 gauge sidemounts). They caught the discrepincy in my order (72 cables and all other parts for a 68), called me and made sure thats what I wanted. All the parts were there the next day and shipping was very reasonable.

Paragon is the best in my book. They carry parts others don't have, they are in stock, excellent quality and they get the stuff to you lightning fast.

That said, I have had good experiences with Corvette Central also.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:52 PM
jn76vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

I've bought a few things from them and I've seen their operation in Swartz Creek, MI. The check erey single part to make sure it meets their standards. If not it gets sent back. If they wouldn't put it on their own Vettes, they won't sell it to you.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

I'd say 70% of the parts on my car are From Paragon.

Get notified of new replies

To Paragon Reproductions?

Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Wow Corey so what is original your doors and Hood . And thank you for the gruhala enterprises note. I tried and tried to remember that name but could not. In a thread long ago it also said that he could get Hoods and other items I believe from Ecklers for a good price as well.

I would like to get the items I need from other forum members but they are slim pickens for a Big Block now for a small block they are a dime a dozen.

Thank you everyone this is a great place to be.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
Wow Corey so what is original your doors and Hood .
Pretty much , I still have all the original parts but doing a frame off many parts were worn and andted to go back with new stuff.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:46 AM
69Myway
Burning Brakes

80-90% of my hard core stock style parts came from them. The only problem I had was my own fault. I made several LARGE orders and did not open the boxes until months and months later. There were some problems where they billed for the wrong parts, and or, sent the wrong parts, etc.

Whatever you do, open the box ASAP, check your packing label and billing order to makes sure it all matches.

Of course, this should be done anytime you may an order anywhere.

Quick Reply: Paragon Reproductions?