C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front spring removal a success.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 08:19 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front spring removal a success.

Just finished the first steps in my front end rebuild. Removed the tired 35 year old coils with significant help from my uncle and a homebuilt spring compressor. I will finish removing the control arms tomorrow. After some thorough cleaning and painting, I should be able to install all the new goodies from Van Steel next weekend. It's about time I started putting some parts back onto the car.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:49 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are going to love the finished product.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:15 PM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Jeff..sounds like your making some headway with that restoration..hang in there bud. If you need a hand.."preferably when I am off on Fridays and Saturdays" give me a call..just got back from vacation and getting back into my routine schedule. I am also trying to work on the vette..got my "new" old set of louvers and they are missing a right sided tab and there is a chip in the first side louver on the right side..so I am going to have to figure something out..as far as, having to repair these somehow...cyl and have fun! Joe!

Last edited by 81' Corvette Guy; 07-19-2004 at 01:15 PM. Reason: update info..
Old 07-19-2004, 07:02 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

So far so good. I'm pulling the control arms tonight, and need to find a shop to press in the bushings. Got a lot of cleanup to do on the frame, a-arms, spindles, etc. I think I'm most looking forward to having a clean undercarriage when I work on the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Front spring removal a success.

Quick Reply: Front spring removal a success.