C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1970 Flasher/Relay Asm. Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 03:33 PM
70_Shark
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1970 Flasher/Relay Asm. Problem

Finally decided to finally fix my signal problem. Once found in the jack compartment, the nightmare has begun. There are no wires going to these assemblies! Not under the carpet, which I pulled, none! Does anyone have a 1970 wiring diagram so I can figure out what I need to run. I have a 1971 wiring diagram, which does not show these assemblies. My 1971 diagram shows the flasher close to the fuse box.
I could do this easy, but what is the relay on a 1970?
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
-Dan
Old 07-18-2004, 03:53 PM
stingray72
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 70_Shark
Finally decided to finally fix my signal problem. Once found in the jack compartment, the nightmare has begun. There are no wires going to these assemblies! Not under the carpet, which I pulled, none! Does anyone have a 1970 wiring diagram so I can figure out what I need to run. I have a 1971 wiring diagram, which does not show these assemblies. My 1971 diagram shows the flasher close to the fuse box.
I could do this easy, but what is the relay on a 1970?
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
-Dan
The flasher and relay you found in the jack compartment is for the factory alarm system, not the turn signals.
The flasher for the 4 way emergency lights is the one in the fuse box. The flasher for the turn signals is located behind the passenger side lower dash pad, right next to the "ball" vent tube, secured by a spring clip.

George
Old 07-18-2004, 04:16 PM
70_Shark
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks George,

Found the wires stuffed up above the heater box, nothing plugged into it. I'm an idiot. I went back to the assembly manual and I should have notice I was in the alarm section. I thought I knew every square inch of this car.

Again thanks,
-Dan

Get notified of new replies

To 1970 Flasher/Relay Asm. Problem

Quick Reply: 1970 Flasher/Relay Asm. Problem