C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Distributor advance spring kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Steve's74
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Distributor advance spring kit

Does anyone know where points style distributor spring kits can be found these days? I'm looking to recurve my 1974 distributor, but have lost track of where to purchase the different springs. I thought that Echlin used to carry these, but I can't find any reference. Thanks.

Steve
Old 07-18-2004, 10:22 AM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Mr Gasket and Moroso make recurve kits. I bought the Mr Gasket 925A recently for mine. While you're fiddling with the springs, check timing gear gap. Morosos makes a shim kit. Check the dimple direction on the gear, too, to make certain it's facing the same direction as your rotor. Good luck!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:36 AM
MEAN72
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueL36
Mr Gasket and Moroso make recurve kits. I bought the Mr Gasket 925A recently for mine. While you're fiddling with the springs, check timing gear gap. Morosos makes a shim kit. Check the dimple direction on the gear, too, to make certain it's facing the same direction as your rotor. Good luck!
Most auto parts stores (i.e. Advance Auto, etc.) still carry the recurve kit for point distributors. I have a Mr. Gasket springs on mine.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Steve's74
Burning Brakes

Great! I'll dig into those suppliers. Thanks guys. I was looking for springs in all the wrong places! (Sorry).

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Distributor advance spring kit

Quick Reply: Distributor advance spring kit