C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light switch vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:21 AM
Ybnormal
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Light switch vacuum lines

Does anyone know how vacuum lines hook up to the headlight switch (blue and black vacuum lines) on a 81. I now have my dash back in and hooked the lines up the way it shows in the assembly manual and the lights will not come up when turned on. They will however come up with the override switch. I have the blue line connected to the aft of the light switch and black fwd on the switch. Could someone tell me if this is correct. If this is correct then I need to look elsewhere.

Thanks,
YBnormal...drive a vette
Old 07-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Try reversing them to see if it works then. Seems like my AIM manual had those backwards, it's been a while and I can't remember for sure which was where.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:32 AM
72Pogo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my '72 the blue line connects to the rear of the switch, towards the engine compartment, and runs to the over-ride switch. The black line connects to the front, towards the passenger compartment, and runs to a T-connector. Would think it would be the same for your '81.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:26 AM
ManFromEagle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Fish
Try reversing them to see if it works then. Seems like my AIM manual had those backwards, it's been a while and I can't remember for sure which was where.
I did the same think on my 77. THe manual I had them backwards also and the symptoms were exactly the same. Worked with the override but that's all.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Ybnormal
Racer

Thanks for the help, I will look there first and see if that fixes it. I have the blue on the front and black closest to the engine. Will have to make a note in the assembley manual if it works. Didn't want to start chaising other areas if the manual was wrong.
Thanks,
YBnormal...drive a vette
Old 07-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I went by the diagram from Zip webpage. If I pulled the headlight switch the wiper door would come up. Every thing else was correct. I finally reversed the hoses at the headlight switch and everything was correct. Hopefully this will straigten yours out too.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Ybnormal
Racer

That fixed it, AIM is worong, black goes fwd and blue goes aft thanks for the help!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Light switch vacuum lines

Quick Reply: Light switch vacuum lines