C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Electric Headlight conversion kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Robs75
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Electric Headlight conversion kit?

I recently read an article called 'Vacuum Sucks!' in the August 2004 Volume 28 No.8 pages 22 thru 30 of Vette magazine about an electric conversion kit using parts from a fourth generation Firebird electric actuator system to replace the vacuum system on the C3 shark. The kit is called The McSpeed Killer lights kit designed by Chris McDonald of McSpeed performance www.mcspeed.com. It sounds great.. no more slow rising lights... both raise at the same time and retract together. My question is has anyone on here converted or are (like me) considering converting to this setup? My lights have to have manual assistance (me) every time I want to use them. Well, anyways... check out McSpeeds webpage for details or check out the article in Vette magazine and let me know.

Thanks

Rob
Old 07-18-2004, 12:52 AM
RHD '68 L89
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mc speed is a forum member. He posts in C3 as well. Posted details of the conversion here first. search for threads with c3 headlight motors in it.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:50 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Chris is a friend of mine, just down the street here in OP Florida, can't be 2 miles away.....good kit, works like a charm....

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Electric Headlight conversion kit?

Quick Reply: C3 Electric Headlight conversion kit?