C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix cig lighter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 06:21 PM
DollaGreen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix cig lighter?

This may be something easy I am overlooking, but i am trying to fix the cig lighter on my 73. I ordered the "housing" from zip. I thought this was the outside where the lighter or acc. would plug in. What i got was like the inside sleave of the lighter housing. There was no way to unscrew the old outer sleeve from inner sleeve without distroying it, so I distroyed it. Where can i find the whole assembly, I now have just a hole where it should be. I am assuming you just could just seperate the plate that holds the "lid" on the lighter area and put a new one in and connect the wire, but I cannot find the outer piece. I do not care about orig. as long as it looks normal any lighter will do. Seem simple, but no one seem to have this part?!

Last edited by DollaGreen; 07-17-2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:05 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Look in the Zip section on the forum again...under Interior components, dash and console components, 68-82 dash and console components, ash tray and lighter. There are a bunch of pictures so you can identify the parts you need. All there really is, is an outer retainer, the inner housing, the lighter element, and the light bulb shield. You could get it all at the local car parts store, then just order the correct element for your year Corvette, and no one would know the difference.

BTW, Zip does have the outer part, you can find it by using the link on the sidebar. They show a picture of it, so you can make sure it's the part you're looking for.

Quick Reply: Fix cig lighter?