C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[San Antonio] First S.A.S.S. gathering (with apologies to our Austin friends)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 06:11 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default [San Antonio] First S.A.S.S. gathering (with apologies to our Austin friends)

(Our Austin friends came up with such a good name, I adapted it for use here in S.A.)

I'd like to personally all my fellow San Antonio-area C3ers to join us next Tuesday (July 20) at La Tuna ice house for the initial get-together of a non-club club we're going to call S.A.S.S. (San Antonio Stingrays and Sharks). The focus is on C3 and earlier Vettes -- there already TWO local clubs focused on C4/C5 owners! No dues, no membership cards, no Roberts Rules of Order! Just people who care about classic Corvettes and like to talk about cars.

La Tuna ice house is located just south of downtown in the King William district. The address is 419 E Cevallos (at the corner of Probandt), in case you want to look it up on Mapquest or similar. If you want specific directions, just ask. It's a funky metal building in a "no-man's land" next to the railroad tracks. Really cool place.

We'll be gathering after work (5-6 pm) -- with or without Corvettes -- to enjoy the shade and steady breezes that only La Tuna can offer due to its unique location.

Plan on being there...and bring your ideas!

Old 07-16-2004, 06:34 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor

Well, lessee. Mapquest says I'm 51.66 miles from La Tuna. How about that "guy that drives the farthest drinks free" thing again? I didn't pay for a single beer last night at the the *** meeting (thanks Cary, Will, and Greg!). I also won the free T-shirt drawing. Woo woo!

JB
Old 07-16-2004, 06:40 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

If you join us, I will ensure you have a beer in your hand all evening... (I can do this because I know you have a 50-mile return drive and won't empty the cooler!)
Old 07-19-2004, 10:41 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

ttt...for the weekday crew!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Crash80
Drifting

Wow, A picture of the place even.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Crash80
Drifting

TTT for any last minute folks who don't know of the latest scheme. Nice avatar Page, trying to say something are we?

Get notified of new replies

To [San Antonio] First S.A.S.S. gathering (with apologies to our Austin friends)

Quick Reply: [San Antonio] First S.A.S.S. gathering (with apologies to our Austin friends)