C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Fender Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Stingray 77
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Fender Alarm

mine hasnt work since i got that car any ideas wahst wrong with it cant by new relays for the alarm at a dealership and whats the best way 2 get 2 the alarm im all ears its for a 77 corvette
Old 07-16-2004, 01:42 PM
77BuffaloVet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been playing with mine for a couple weeks now (it still isn't working so I may not be much help, but I will give it a try). Here is what I have done so far and would suggest:

1) check the fuse box under the drivers side dash to see if there is a fuse installed and if it is good (this is where my problem is - I have a short somewhere in the wiring and it keeps burning up fuses)

2) If there is a fuse and it is good, then check the horn under the rear fender. Put it to a 12v battery and see if it works.

3) If the horn works then check the switch on the fender. turn it to the on position and use a volt meter to see if you have juice.

4) if you have power then check the relays: one right in the middle of the engine compartment near the windshield, two in the door jams and I think two that somehow are connected to the T-tops, but I have figured those out yet and I could be wrong. When the relays are out the alarm should go off if the switch on the fender is on and the horn is working. The relays in the door jams also control the courtesy lights so if the lights are working, then the switches should be working - I think.

If everything is working and the alarm system still doesn't work then you can join my club...good luck!
Old 07-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you guys have the wiring dagram?
There are 2 designs-First- switch in fender & late- Second -switch in door. Mine is the late one & haven't had any problems w/ it. May be able to supply enough info. to help.
No t-top switches on 77.

First design:
Both doors & hood switch & another switch which closes if the alarm control key switch is disturbed.
77 El. manual shows a relay & a flasher for alarm in console.
Fuse- 20A CLK LTR CTSY

PS 77BuffaloVet
Good post. The doors & hood switches are not called relays.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Fender Alarm

Quick Reply: Factory Fender Alarm