C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did my post wind up on page 3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 02:36 AM
csnap
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did my post wind up on page 3?

How did my post about my car not starting wind up on page 3 in only 24 hours? Plus, I only had 1 response and 20 something views. Usually My post lingers around the front page for a few days before fading and I usually have at least 4 responses within the first hour.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:42 AM
ACECO
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

It really depends upon the amount of posts during any given time frame. Just like your local traffic, some days are busier than others. Obviously more posts equals a quicker drop off the first page.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

See:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=858185
Old 07-16-2004, 08:31 AM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by csnap
How did my post about my car not starting wind up on page 3 in only 24 hours? Plus, I only had 1 response and 20 something views. Usually My post lingers around the front page for a few days before fading and I usually have at least 4 responses within the first hour.
When the traffic his high posts drop back pretty quick. Easiest thing to do if you have not gotten a response to your question is just post a "TTT" to your thread. That will take it back to the top of the heap.

TTT being Take it To the Top
Old 07-17-2004, 11:03 PM
keith72
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know. This used to be an outstanding place to get some tech help. Now it feels like it takes longer to research your own posts for answers that to just go figure it out yourself. Or go to another forum.

Sorry, I know that's harsh and guys put a lot of effort into maintaining the site. Just venting a little.

Get notified of new replies

To How did my post wind up on page 3?

Quick Reply: How did my post wind up on page 3?