C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a garage lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 04:48 PM
68BLUEVETTE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have a garage lift?

I'm looking to get a lift for my garage, nothing, bit, but just something to get my car up on the weekends. Jacking is getting to be a PITA. Anyone have one? I'm looking at the one below, nothing fancy. Any thoughts? Its only about a 30" lift height, but would seem to make life and the weekends under car projects easier.

Last edited by 68BLUEVETTE; 07-15-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:59 PM
brystheguy
Racer

Ther was a discussion a little while ago about Kwik-lifts and other options.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=861321
Old 07-15-2004, 05:16 PM
79 Midnight Blue L82
Instructor

I have an old Bear alignment rack that I can drive up on. Gets the bottom of the tires 21" off the floor. I really like having it available for those under car jobs and it is also nice for waxing the sides of the car. My neighbor has one similar to your picture and it is good for brake jobs and things like that, but, you cannot get very much under the car as the supports are in the way. Kwiklift is the hot setup on a budget, or, build your own out of wood. Someone on here had a really good set of plans for that a few months ago.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:17 PM
68BLUEVETTE
Instructor

yeah, I saw that several weeks ago, but unfortunately, it doesn't help me when working wround the wheels for brake, suspension, etc.. I like the 4-post, but I'm cheap. I' rather spend that moneyon the car.

I just found one on ebay, that is just the side runners, which gets more under car access
Old 07-15-2004, 05:59 PM
80TexasC3
"Rodstoration &am p;quot; In Progres
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 68BLUEVETTE
I'm looking to get a lift for my garage, nothing, bit, but just something to get my car up on the weekends. Jacking is getting to be a PITA. Anyone have one? I'm looking at the one below, nothing fancy. Any thoughts? Its only about a 30" lift height, but would seem to make life and the weekends under car projects easier.

I purchased the eagle equipment 48" midrise... the one in your picture will limit access to the underside components, thus I went with the other.

Do a search and there is a thread were we discussed lifts in the past week.

good luck.. oh yea... and bring several buddies to help you position it... weighs 950lbs!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a garage lift?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a garage lift?