C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Performer RPM Packages: Anyone Running One?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Wendell Allen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Edelbrock Performer RPM Packages: Anyone Running One?

My '77 flat top pistoned 350 is currently running a Performer RPM intake and a Holley 650 carb. I'm thinking about doing the Performer RPM package, but one piece at a time for financial reasons. Since the heads are so pricey and I'm still unemployed, I was thinking about putting the cam in first.

Has anyone used one of the Performer RPM cams, and if so, what kind of power increase did you feel? I realize this would be subjective if you haven't had your car dynoed, but I'd appreciate your opinions never the less. Also, are there any pitfalls I should keep my eye open for that are unique to this set up?

My car currently has a mild cam of unknown specs in it. I had the car dynoed a few months back, and max HP was 212 at the rear wheels. So I'm guessing I'm probably at about 250 at the crank. Considering the car had an advertised 180 from the factory, I feel pretty good about what I have, but I still want more, especially considering I'm running the factory automatic.

As always, muchas gracias!

Wendell
Old 07-15-2004, 06:06 PM
mexdsk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the performer package on my 74 heads, intake, carb, cam, roller rockers... I also in stalled a cran fireball system to replace the points...
I am happy with the performance of the performer package, of course it is not enough, I want more power
Old 07-16-2004, 02:29 AM
csnap
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Question!

I too am considering the Performer package. I have an 80 L-82 with the airgap performer manifold, edelbrock 750, and for budget reasons, I had to cancel my 406sb package and now I want to start with the cam, timing chain, then the heads. I am suffering in the high altitude of Colorado and I need more power to whoop those rice burners!

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock Performer RPM Packages: Anyone Running One?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Performer RPM Packages: Anyone Running One?