C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vapor cannister

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:18 PM
perk77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vapor cannister

The vapor cannister line on my 77 is still hooked up from the gas tank but the line coming out of the cannister is not connected to anything. Is the cannister still serving any purpose or should I just take it out? My car is by no means original and their are no pollution devices hooked up to it.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by perk77
The vapor cannister line on my 77 is still hooked up from the gas tank but the line coming out of the cannister is not connected to anything. Is the cannister still serving any purpose or should I just take it out? My car is by no means original and their are no pollution devices hooked up to it.

Thanks
Diagrams in your 1977 Corvette GM Shop Manual. Also Dr Rebuild has some excellent vacuum diagrams/sets. Lines (multiple) should hook up to your carburator and the cannister. They have gone missing.

A good thing to do would be get to an NCRS judging function and take LOTS of photos of a CORRECT car.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:43 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can hook it up, I would. Most carbs have a port to hook to. It probabaly won't make any appreciable mileage or performance difference, but it will help with vapor smells from time-to-time.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
perk77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the responses. My car is running a Carter AFB, any idea where the correct port would be on it?

Get notified of new replies

To vapor cannister

Quick Reply: vapor cannister