C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line hitting cooling line

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 09:04 AM
ugman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line hitting cooling line

I installed an Edelbrock Performer carb on an existing Performer Intake. I bought an Edelbrock fuel line with filter (the one that installs pretty nicely on the carb. The problem is, where the fuel filter attaches to the line, it is right on top of the return heating/cooling line coming out of the manifold. The filter actually touches the hose. How can I get around this?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:10 PM
80TexasC3
"Rodstoration &am p;quot; In Progres
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ugman
I installed an Edelbrock Performer carb on an existing Performer Intake. I bought an Edelbrock fuel line with filter (the one that installs pretty nicely on the carb. The problem is, where the fuel filter attaches to the line, it is right on top of the return heating/cooling line coming out of the manifold. The filter actually touches the hose. How can I get around this?

I'm dealing with the same issue... I left it as is and am going to watch your post for any suggestions. Here's a Bump to keep it visible.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
lowvette
Burning Brakes

Default Aeroquip Hose

With my Holley carb, I used Aeroquip -6 hose and installed an inline fuel filter part way up the hose. At the fuel pump there is a 90-deg elbow that helps direct the hose. There is a special adapter that I purchased through Summit Racing to connect to the dual inlets on the carb.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

I had a similiar problem with the inline filter I put on my Qjet. The line from the filter to carb was a hard line with a little piece of flexible to attach the filter. I just twisted the fitting to rotate the filter up higher and off the line. If all the lines are flexible. Just fabricate a bracket to hold the filter on or make a little shield that attaches to the filter and raises it off the line.

Get notified of new replies

To fuel line hitting cooling line

Quick Reply: fuel line hitting cooling line