C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gearbox help please...

Old 07-14-2004, 07:17 PM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox help please...

Hi people.

I finally got my car running again (new exhaust manifolds, all the rockers adjusted properly) and when I took it for a run last night, it went very well. Except....... for one small thing. No matter whether I drive the car nice and easy or put the boot right into it, it changes from 1st to 2nd almost straight away. I had vague recollections of reading something on CF about an adjustment so I stopped and put the shifter into 1st gear and tried again - but the result was the same???

Does anyone know the fix for this?

One other thing that's got me buggered is the tacho. With the engine off, the tacho needle sits below the zero point. When I turn the key on, it (sharply) drops even further. With the engine at idle, the tacho needle doesn't move until I rev it up a moderate amount. I've never worked on and electronic ignition system before (well, not on a car anyway) so I don't understand what's causing this. All the plugs seem to be in the right places on the distributor cap...

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Last edited by saudivette; 07-14-2004 at 07:27 PM. Reason: 1 more thing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gearbox help please...