C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vette withdrawal

Old 07-14-2004, 05:22 PM
startwith80vette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default vette withdrawal

i took my vette off the road sunday to start doing my total bushing replacement. Its wednesday and im already going nuts, I want my car back. How do you guys with bigger projects last so long without your vette, and no I cant buy another one to tide me over.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Ace77
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming up to 5 years since I drove it into the garage.
Come to think of it, it's been almost 5 years since I met my wife.
Coincidence? I don't think so...

Anyway, The oly way I can cope is to go on this forum and look at the beauties, and spend time thinking about and planning the fixups. I also go to a few "Toronto Shark Pack" events to refresh my enthusiasm. I hope you're not down as long!
Old 07-14-2004, 05:55 PM
COMMANDER370
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine set in the garage for 12 years till my wife begged me to get it going.now every Sunday when i go work on it,she wants to know how much longer i will have to work on it. I told her i will be riding by my birthday(next monday).looks like i will be riding up and down on the car lift
Old 07-14-2004, 06:10 PM
73'Vette
Racer

I purchased mine in December of 2003, and it has been in my garage being worked on ever since. I did finally get to drive back and forth a few feet in my garage last weekend though. Not much longer and I'll be registering it and getting insurance and tags so I can ride it around to the paint shops. Then I'm sure it will sit there for at least another several weeks.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:56 PM
corvtt1969
Pro

my cars been getting repaired since may 17th, its killing me, but i drive the 03 every once in a while to stay sane
Old 07-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Slick McFavorite
Instructor

Well the vette didn't ride to my standard when I had it so it's easier to disconnect. Now when I get everything fixed is when it will be hard to put it on stands. But my Car's been out of commission for about 3 years now. I basically rock with Ace77's plan. Come here, get jealous, plan stuff that is 10yrs down the road. One thing I like to do is go to the garage every once in a while and get reminded how original and awesome C3's look. Maybe picture it in a ditch somewhere if I don't follow through. That gets me motivated...to crying that is.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:14 AM
vetteonr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ace77
.....the only way I can cope is to go on this forum and look at the beauties
I hope you look at the cars too!
:blush:

Get notified of new replies

To vette withdrawal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vette withdrawal