C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with ecklers again

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 PM
cryzko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with ecklers again

well, i ordered some items from ecklers and they shipped out on june 22nd. went to the wrong address so the items were shipped back to ecklers. i called them on june 6th and wondered where my isht was and they said that it's in their returns department and it will be reshipped to the right address the next day......... the days went by..... i called this past friday and they still didn't ship the box out..... i've had issues with ecklers before but i gave them another chance........ i'm never dealing with them again.... i was thinking about going through mid america vette.....ideas anyone? i need a front monospring for a 77......

cryzko
detroit
Old 07-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

I always buy from whereever I can get the best price, and that is very rarely Ecklers.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:36 PM
olouieo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schmucker
I always buy from whereever I can get the best price, and that is very rarely Ecklers.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:52 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Have you tried forum vendor Van Steel?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

If you need ecklers parts, go through Gary Gruhala (google for Gruhala enterprises). He will get you the parts for less than the catalog and he deals directly with an account manager at Ecklers which means if something is wrong it gets fixed fast. I've done my parts this way for years and never ever had a problem. Gary will do whatever it takes to make you happy even when it means less money in his pocket.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Secret Squirrel
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Got rooted around with ecklers myself, and won't deal with again

I've also used Tld,Paragon and Corvette central without probs....also used Zip but i can't remember what for and when?????..obviously they were alright or they'd be on my hsit list also
Old 07-13-2004, 05:01 AM
FEDX
Melting Slicks

Location: A high school diploma fixing what a college degree broke TN
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'

I've dealt with Gary Gruhala on some parts before,always a good price and the customer service was excellent.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:37 AM
den(thevetteman)78
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I placed an order for parts in june 17 to have them for the show i went last weekend,got the parts westerday almost a month to have them .It took two weeks before they ship my order.I dont think i will go there next time.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:07 AM
vetteonr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like Eckler's is shooting themselve in the foot :bb I've order one or two things from them with no problems, but their prices are higher than most I've had good service from Corvette Central, Mid America, Corvette America, even Rik's Corvette
Old 07-13-2004, 08:12 AM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,338 Posts

I haven't dealt with Ecklers in a long time but did have a problem with getting parts when shipped Fedex. Several times I had parts shipped Fedex ground and they were shipped to a Fedex"sub contractor" for home delivery. When the sub got the shipment they were looking for a home address not a business and couldn't find a 65k sq foot building with the correct address and sign in front. They returned the parts to the shipper. Plus they don't deliver on Mondays. This has happened 3 times so far and the shippers had no idea it happened.One package we tracked we were told the sub tried to deliver it but the business was closed-5:00 pm on a Saturday. I guess Fedex is trying to give better service and rates then UPS but it sure didn't work out that way. It took about 7 days to get one package from FL to CT.
Gary
Old 07-13-2004, 08:27 AM
1FUNVET
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Ecklers I have never had a problem with. In fact when I order from them I order on-line where I input the address information. How is it possiable for them to ship to the wrong address if you are the one providing the info to them?? Now Corvette Central I hate them, I ordered over 800 worth of stuff and then when I placed my order it said on-line that it will be received in 7-10 business days. Well after 10 days I called them, it seems as though the products I ordered were on BO. They couldn't even be bothered to make contact with me to tell me that. I thought that was pretty POOR Customer Service. Then I had to keep calling them to find out the status of my order it was a PITA. I will never use CC again for anything.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:47 AM
bqce
Instructor

Good help is hard to find.

Get notified of new replies

To problems with ecklers again

Quick Reply: problems with ecklers again