C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope i did not get ripped off!!! what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
rcastor426
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I hope i did not get ripped off!!! what should i do?

ok back in early May i found an ebay store by a guy named Jay Lackey...Lackey performance engines. well i called this guy talked to him about building me a short block because i already had heads intake etc, he quoted me a price and so on. so i sent him a deposit and talked to him a few times in between. So one day i was talking to him he say well since you have heads...and cam send your stuff up to my shop and i will assemble the whole motor for you... so i do he calls me later that week says what a good deal i had gotten off of these heads... even tells me that he dissassembled them to make sure everything going on the motor that he was building was ok...he told me to give him a couple of weeks to get the motor together so i did, i had to go out of town for a couple of weeks in June so not to worry about getting the motor finished super quick, he was pleased to hear this because he says that he is really back logged with work. so i get back into town last week in june i talk to him on the 30th and he says that he shipped the motor the day prior and it should be here early after the 4th of july weekend...as of wed. after the 4th no motor..i tried calling a few times... no answer now i am still calling on the 12th now... and his voicemail comes up and says that it is full and can no longer recieve messages......i have written emails to his account no response..what should i do... motor is paid for.... maybe i am paranoid and he is on vacation.... but i am really starting to get nervous.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:12 PM
olouieo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what shipping co. he used?(allegedly). Did he provide a tracking #? Maybe you can contact the shipping co. any other info you got on this guy?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:16 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

don't want to be an alarmist, but
No longer a registered user
not a good sign. good luck!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:18 PM
rcastor426
Racer

i just have a phone number, email address, address to his shop, and web site
http://members.aol.com/chvyv8bldr/

hes email is chevyv8bldr@aol.com

over the phone he gave me a local shipper iron-L shipping i think he used.... i am going to call information on that one as we speak
Old 07-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

if you have his address, go to the proper "Events and Regional" section of the forum and ask if anyone lives close to there, and if they can drive by and see if the house/business looks vacant or not.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 Ebay "issue's" myself ..... minor compaired but it's still $$$
out of my pocket.... and I HATE being riped-off ....
Old 07-12-2004, 08:29 PM
billlambeer
Instructor

I would be willing to be that if you called the local police around there and nicely asked them about him and his business, that they could probably give you some insight about if the store has closed, and possibly ask them to drive by also. Who knows, just a suggestion.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:51 PM
rcastor426
Racer

ok guys!!!! problem solved guy was out of town....i think i may have gotten a little paranoid, and my friends encouraged it a lot too... with all of their 2 cents!!!!!thanks for the input though
Old 07-13-2004, 04:05 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

glad it worked out..you wouldn't be the 1st one out of a big chunk of change (I speak from experience)
Old 07-13-2004, 04:09 AM
Pauld
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcastor426
ok guys!!!! problem solved guy was out of town....i think i may have gotten a little paranoid, and my friends encouraged it a lot too... with all of their 2 cents!!!!!thanks for the input though
Good news, glad it worked out for you, nothing worse than worrying and not being able to do anything about it.

Get notified of new replies

To I hope i did not get ripped off!!! what should i do?

Quick Reply: I hope i did not get ripped off!!! what should i do?