C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ground straps

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 PM
KicknUpDust69
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ground straps

i have a 69 vette that we cannot get to start. i posted about a week ago about this problem. it has a new wire harness, new fuses, the starter is good, and the battery holds a charge. when we turn the key, the lights will come on but nothing else happens. its not making any noise like the solenoid is not even being activated. we are thinking that maybe there is a problem with the grounding straps but we cannot locate all of them. if anyone can tell me where they are located or give me any other insight about this problem i would appreciate. thanks
Old 07-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 73 the ground strap is located on the face of the block near the fuel pump.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:27 PM
crf311
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts

Old 07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Easy Rider
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grounding Straps

Check your battery cable - especially the negative and be sure it is making good contact and is absolutely tight. I replaced mine and when it got moved less than 1/8th inch, the car would not start! I torqued it down and no problem since!

Also, there is a small grounding strap just below the transmission that connects to the "U" clamp on the exhaust pipe.

Get notified of new replies

To ground straps

Quick Reply: ground straps