C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for forum vendors and/or fellow hosers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Star79
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question for forum vendors and/or fellow hosers

Are there any online Vette parts places that sell AND ship directly from Canada? For instance with books/cds/dvds you have amazon.COM, but amazon.CA sells the same stuff shipped to here from here.

I know all about the US based ones, but buying from there always runs the risk of excessive shipping costs, taxes, duty, brokerage fees etc. There is nothing that ruins the joy of Vette ownership like ordering a 5 dollar part that you NEED RIGHT AWAY and ending up having it end up costing 40 or 50 bucks by the time it gets to you.

There is a lot of stuff I'd buy right away if I knew I wasn't gonna get hosed....

Any ideas, EH??
Old 07-11-2004, 11:19 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hang tight, there are quite a few Canadian members...I'm sure they wilol help you.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

TTT for a little help here.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

These people in Ontario represent Corvette America I believe.

http://www.ontariocorvettecorral.com/
Old 07-12-2004, 12:50 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Wait until you get over $500 order or so and go to Jegs, you still have to pay brokerage fees ( ~35CND ) but the rest you have to pay anyway even if it is from Canada ( shipping, taxes) The bigger the order the less $35 seems like and at that point every part is only a % of the $35.

I get parts to my door in 4 days about 20% cheaper than if I go down the street to my local performance shop.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Pat goes down to NY to pick up their ordered parts every Thursday and you can either pick them up at her place just north of Grand Valley or have them shipped to you. She also hosts the Orangeville Corvette Club at her place.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Star79
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paul67
These people in Ontario represent Corvette America I believe.

http://www.ontariocorvettecorral.com/
Thanks everyone for the replies, this link is what I was looking for. Hopefully they can get CorvetteAmerica's entire line, shipped reasonably and w/o crazy mark-ups and duty fees. This will help with the little things that break or need to be replaced asap.

Motorhead and gdh, thanks also. As far as expensive stuff and SBC performance parts, I can usually get them when I drive down to Plattsburg (a couple times a year). Got my manifold/carb/cam off the shelf at Advance for a really good price. This spring I ordered about 3000 dollars of Vette and TR6 parts and picked them up at my mom's in Florida. They never questioned the over-loaded over-flowing Ford Probe at the border Lucky me!!

Get notified of new replies

To Question for forum vendors and/or fellow hosers

Quick Reply: Question for forum vendors and/or fellow hosers