C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

total bushing kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 09:34 PM
startwith80vette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default total bushing kit

first time posting, i have a 1980 vette I got for my high school graduation in may 03. I recently ordered the total suspension kit from ecklers, the one with all the bushings. I was wondering if anyone here has ordered the same product and if you could give me a ballpark figure on how long it takes to put them all in. Thanks
Old 07-10-2004, 04:13 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

depends on how fast you work and how much you get side tracked with other stuff...the well known "while I'm at it..."

It certainly will not be done in a day or 2
Old 07-10-2004, 08:05 AM
USA SHARK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine in September 2003 and finished in May 2004. It was done a little at a time on the weekends and at times was a real pain in the ....

I didn't have all the tools needed to do it right, which is also why it took longer. I had to slowly buy them, or get a buddy to help.

And of course there is the while I'm at it that everyone talks about. I cleaned, sanded and painted everything underneath the car and replaced all of the power steering components.

It was the first time in my life that I ever did any work like this, but it was very rewarding when it was finally complete.

Have fun with yours!

Get notified of new replies

To total bushing kit

Quick Reply: total bushing kit